Did you mean: 

Deployment of big Suite with SCCM 2012R2

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
jung
562 Views, 0 Replies

Deployment of big Suite with SCCM 2012R2

Hi!

In the past I deployed Autocad just with a normal perpared network image. Since around 2 years I'm using package deployment with SCCM 2012. While using SCCM I made the experience that its much better to deploy applications as application instead of deployment using packages. Its much easier to handle updates and so on.

The next point is: The newer Autodesk Suites are very, very big. A full deployment of a whole suite takes hours. But: Most people don't need the whole suite. They need AutoCAD and Revit. Nothing else. Or they need Navisworks and allready have AutoCAD installed and so on.

So I thought there must be a way to install the prerequirements and every product on its own.

First I tried to make a package with the suite and made a lot of batches with different products. Its ok, but not a great solution: The whole package is transfered to the client before just 1 product can be installed. And its not that easy to check if every requirement is installed.

So: Is there any way to deploy every part (or a couple of them) by using MSI and application deployment? So that the user can choose: Ok I need AutoCAD and Revit? The greatest thing would be an importable package for SCCM.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost