Did you mean: 

Delete a single used block from multiple drawings

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
rbarton
3868 Views, 4 Replies

Delete a single used block from multiple drawings

Is there a way to delete a single used block from multiple drawings? I have a preliminary stamp block on multiple drawings that I would like to remove from all of my drawings now that the drawings are ready for release.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
abubakars
in reply to: rbarton

Try with BatchInEditor or BatchInDatabase to delete a single or multiple blocks frommultiple drawings

Message 3 of 5
rbarton
in reply to: abubakars

These work great but you can only do three drawings at a time using the free version but it does exactly what I need it to do. I guess I need to pony up the money for the full version.

Message 4 of 5
3wood

You can also try Lee Mac Script Writer to batch process multiple drawings.

You can either erase specific block in the script, or

Replace existing block with a new block which has the same name as the existing, saved in a directory. The new block can be an empty block, so after replacment, the existing block is gone from screen, although actually it has not been deleted.

The benefit of replacement instead of delete is you can easily replace it with another status stamp in later stages.

To replace existing block with a new block, you can try BLOCKUPDATE and set the script line in Script Writer as below:

_.open *file* (BLOCKUPDATE Path Blklist) _.save *file* yes _.close

You need add BLOCKUPDATE to Startup Suite (set it with command APPLOAD) and,

Ensure there is no special unicode characters in your drawing name, such as "ø", otherwise Script Writer will stop.

wscript2.png

Message 5 of 5
abubakars

It is a free application, the three file per session is to evaluate the application and if it seems useful to you then send your free license key request as detailed in the help file

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost