Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DDEDIT Unknown Command

44 REPLIES 44
Message 1 of 45
Jason.Piercey
12394 Views, 44 Replies

DDEDIT Unknown Command

In AutoCAD 2015 the help files state DDEDIT (obsolete) should invoke the TEXTEDIT command.  It does not.  This apparently works fine in LT but not regular AutoCAD.

For those that have customizations using DDEDIT, you'll need to modify them.

44 REPLIES 44
Message 41 of 45
albionpjl
in reply to: Jay_B

Glad to help. It's the end of the day here so I'm about to log off and go home. If you need anything else checking I can do it tomorrow.
regards
PJ
Message 42 of 45
christ3D
in reply to: Jason.Piercey

Autodesk Elimino el comando ED apesar que existe en la lista de comandos pero lo que cambio el comando de ddedit por el textedit el cual por ese motivo no se ejecuta el comando ED el nuevo comando es el TE que biene a hacer textedit por ese motivo no cambien nada en el CUI mas bien ahi que acostumbrarse al nuevo comando.

Saludos

Message 43 of 45
jraven1
in reply to: Jason.Piercey

Hello!

I also liked the old ED or DDEDIT command and I tried some of the suggestions in this thread to no avail. So here's my solution for anyone who may be interested.

Create a simple script that will invoke the MULTIPLE command followed by TEXTEDIT (attached) and record a macro that will load the script file and save the macro as ED or DDEDIT (whatever command you want to type in every time you want to start the macro). That's it!

Let me know if you'd like me to list all the steps in detail. It's realy fairly simple.

Good luck!

Message 44 of 45

Thank you for the CUI tip...that solved the problem of double-click trying to invoke DDEDIT. Now if only the OOTB TEXTEDIT command did not require restarting the command each time to edit multiple text...

Message 45 of 45

I agree.
I ended up making a custom button to do it. So now if I want to edit just one bit of text I double-click, but if (is is usual) I have loads, I use the button.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost