Did you mean: 

DataExtraction issue when extracting to a spreadsheet

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
creasyforgame
411 Views, 4 Replies

DataExtraction issue when extracting to a spreadsheet

When I run the command Dataextraction, and after following the steps for extraction, I choose to play my data in an excel spreadsheet, only after checking spreadsheet, not export any data type, showing only the text "DeleteMe" in column A1 in the worksheet. I tested this command in AutoCad 2014 and AutoCadCivil in 2015, in which both exhibit the same problem.
That already happened commais someone?
We have solution for this?
I will be very grateful if anyone can help me, I need to extract data from several files, to present to the Board of the company where I work, and I see this to be the best option.
I await return.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi,

I have never heard that AutoCAD writes "DeleteMe" into the exported data by itself, I guess it's something drawing specifix and so uploading the drawing so we can look into it + screenshots or >>>screencast<<< so we can see your settings in the DATAEXTRACTION wizard might be the best help currently.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 5
lesleys
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi

I have had that happen in the past. What worked for me was save its as a CSV file instead of XLS. Open the CSV (should open in Excel) then just save as your spreadsheet.

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 5

Hi,

+1 with Lesleys

I've already had this "DeleteMe" when working with XLS direct. So I export to CSV and open it with Excel after.

Olivier

Message 5 of 5
crcannata
in reply to: creasyforgame

For any one plagued with this issue I believe I have found the culprit.

After several mock up efforts to duplicate the problem and deducting file size issues, networking issues, etc...I have found that using the apostrohe (") in the file name or any subfolder that is within the file was causing this "deleteme" issue.

When I removed the character, all worked well again.

Hope this helps someone.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost