Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Link Creation/Update EXTREMELY slow, processor-intensive.

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Whitney_Akers
1014 Views, 0 Replies

Data Link Creation/Update EXTREMELY slow, processor-intensive.

Hello! I'm using AutoCAD Electrical 2014, with MS Excel 2013, on a fairly new Dell workstation.

My company uses datalinks to represent electrical load schedules in buildings we design, so all of our drawings which show these schedules are linked to Excel files. Of my 11-ish co workers who handle the same files, using a range of ACAD versions from '09 LT to '14 Electrical, I am the only one with this issue.

When I attempt to either a.) insert a table which references a datalink, or b.) update a datalink to which I have changed the Excel file, my ACAD becomes completely unresponsive for between 15-30 minutes while it processes the link (This time increases dramatically if I attempt to update multiple links simultaneously.) During no other datalink operation do I get this hangup, it is only when I'm making a table or updating a table.

It spikes one of my four processor cores to 90% load for the duration of the work. It always eventually gets it done, but it's a serious impact on my workflow, as you can imagine. My co-workers can update data links in a handful of seconds.

I've had success simply pasting the required tables into my drawings as OLE objects, but this is frowned upon for our process, so I am trying to find a fix.

Thanks for reading, let me know if you know how to correct this! 😃

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost