Did you mean: 

Dashed(etc.) lines have a long dash at polyline vertices

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
6049 Views, 4 Replies

Dashed(etc.) lines have a long dash at polyline vertices

I've had this problem for a long time and could never find a solution online so I've always just dealt with it.  On this project I can't.  I am drawing roadway striping and where my dashed type lines meet or at vertices I get a long dash in the series of dashes.  It just looks unprofessional.  I have tried joining all segments into a Pline.  I have tried having separate lines and I still get the long line at the vertices and joints.  I have searched around and can't find a solution.  I am currently using AutoCad 2014 on Win 7 but have had this issue for years on several versions. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
drjohn
in reply to: Anonymous

If that's a pline or several plines joined have you enabled linetype generation for the line in the properties panel?

Regards,

DJ

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: drjohn

I had never heard of linetype generation.  It looks like that could have been the problem.  I noticed that when I select multiple plines the option to enable it goes away in the properties window.  Is there a quick way to enable it for all Plines on the layer?  Utilizing qselect or something?  or an lisp?

Thank you.

Message 4 of 5
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

....  I noticed that when I select multiple plines the option to enable it goes away in the properties window.  Is there a quick way to enable it for all Plines on the layer?  Utilizing qselect or something?  or an lisp?

Are you sure that Polylines are the only things in the selection?  If not, that option won't show, because they're all that it applies to, but you can pull down the entity-type heading that says

All (#)

and pick

Polyline (#)

from the list, and the option should re-appear.  It may say it's Disabled, Enabled, or *VARIES*.

To make all new Polylines have linetype generation on, set the PLINEGEN System Variable to 1.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

Your right.  It looks like I might have grabbed a line in there.  Thanks for the PLINEGEN tip too.  That will help a lot in the future.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost