AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

Contributor
g_petkov
Message 1 of 5 (486 Views)

Cyrillic characters Copy-Paste bug

486 Views, 4 Replies
05-18-2012 04:04 AM

This is a new bug; in earlier versions of AutoCAD (2012 including) it was possible to copy the contents of an MTEXT entity and paste it into an Inventor drawing text entity. As of version 2013 this is impossible with cyrillic characters texts.

It is curious to note, that DTEXT and TABLE entities pasted from AutoCAD into Inventor haven't got this problem.

Product Support
Albert_Rius
Message 2 of 5 (448 Views)

Re: Cyrillic characters Copy-Paste bug

05-29-2012 07:36 AM in reply to: g_petkov

Hi,

I can't manage to reproduce the problem, it works as expected.

- I selected some Cyrillic chars inside a MTEXT element from AutoCAD 2013

- In Inventor, create a Text object and paste the text (in the Format Text dialog), it's displayed as expected.

Please check that the font that you have defined in Inventor supports the Cyrillic characters.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Albert Rius
Frontline Technical Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Contributor
g_petkov
Message 3 of 5 (438 Views)

05-30-2012 10:06 PM in reply to: g_petkov

You are probably doing it wrong. My Autodesk reseller CADpoint was also unable at first to reproduce the bug; it turned out they had opened AutoCAD Mechanical and tried to copy MTEXT contents from there. The bug is not reproducible in AutoCAD Mechanical environment! It is seen only in pure AutoCAD environment - "Vanilla" profile. CADPoint can confirm they reproduced the bug in pure AutoCAD environment. I'm using only fonts that support cyrillic 100% - ARIAL, ARIAL NARROW and Times New Roman.

Product Support
Albert_Rius
Message 4 of 5 (418 Views)

06-05-2012 01:55 AM in reply to: g_petkov

Please can you add more information with a step by step procedure to reproduce the problem, also a sample file will help. Also will be good to know the version of Inventor.

Albert Rius
Frontline Technical Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Contributor
g_petkov
Message 5 of 5 (404 Views)

06-08-2012 01:01 AM in reply to: g_petkov

Just open "ACAD TEXT.DWG" using simple autocad ("vanilla" profile, not ACADM!), double click the text, select all, press CTRL+C, switch to Inventor 2013, open the INVENTOR TEXT.dwg file, insert a new text and in the text window paste the clipboard contents.

What you get is unreadable.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.