custom Plot Stamp & publish

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
anthony_turner
2650 Views, 7 Replies

custom Plot Stamp & publish

Hi,

I'm looking to see if there is a way of using the publish function with our own custom plot stamp which is basically a rectangle with the words Working Copy and the date.

Currently we use a very old program (late 90's) called Runlisp to compile, from a lisp file, a script file on a set of drawings. The lisp file inserts our Working Copy stamp, plots the drawing, erases the stamp, purges & saves before opening the next drawing. This has worked for many years but has limitations on how many drawings we can plot at once & is no longer recognising spaces in folder/file names.

Is there a way to use Publish or maybe another way that offers the same functionality?

Thanks

Tony

ACAD 2013

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Hi,

You can use Include Plot Stamp in publish options. You can't add any graphics to it AFAIK but any text you want.
Alternatively you can create a bat file with a line like - FOR %%f in (C:\...\*.dwg) do start/wait c:\"program files"\"autocad <your version>"\acad.exe "%%f" /b C:\...\some.scr to run a script which will process your lisp file in multiple drawings.

Or get a utility like http://apps.exchange.autodesk.com/ACD/en/Detail/Index?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3abatch-in-e... to do the same
Message 3 of 8

Thanks for the quick reply Maciejwypych. We've always found the ACAD plot stamp to be not very useful (to put politely).
I'm afraid I don't quite understand the batch file code you entered so I don't know which bits I would need to tailor to our own needs.
The Utility you linked to looks like it would prove quite versatile but we aren't able to install software and getting it through IT is a major thing.
I shall try to work out the code when I get a spare 5 mins.
Thanks again
Tony
Message 4 of 8
pendean
in reply to: anthony_turner

You still have to customize outside of PUBLISH and PLOT commands: we here build that into out titleblocks / sheet titles using FIELD command, so when a user plots/publishes it's always there and we don't rely on a stamp routine to get triggered at all.
Message 5 of 8
anthony_turner
in reply to: pendean

Thanks Dean.
If I'm understanding you properly then thats not an option for us. The rule here, rightly so, is that you can only have one set of 'controlled' drawings. If we were to have the stamp in the border then anyone with a viewer could print it off and we'd end up with more copies than allowed causing problems in the future.
Message 6 of 8
abubakars
in reply to: anthony_turner

Anthony,

I think the Free BatchInEditor as suggested above would make your task easier without lisp

you need to add the commands in the sequence mentioned below to get your job done

1. Add command "Block-Insert" to insert your plot stamp block

2. Add command "Plot-Layout" to plot the layout

3. Add command "block-Delete" to delete the plot stamp block just added for printing

4. Add command "Purge-All" to purge drawing

if the installation is the issue then I could help you sending the installed packed which you need to copy into your plugins folder under your AutoCAD roaming profile (hope you have access to that folder). or  if possible to get it done by IT, you could install in any one of your system and share the installation package within your team to avoid multiple isntallation request to IT

Regards,

AbubakarS

Message 7 of 8
anthony_turner
in reply to: abubakars

Thanks for the info AbubakarS!
I'll speak with our IT department about getting it packaged. It certainly does look like a useful program and with the instructions you supplied it sounds like it would do exactly what i'm looking for.
Message 8 of 8
tzhng.lim
in reply to: abubakars

BatchInEditor is not free.

Tim Lim
Design Manager
THESB

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost