Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Linetpye with solid circle

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
Anonymous
5454 Views, 15 Replies

Custom Linetpye with solid circle

I want to create a linetype with a solid circle in it.

A lot like the Fenceline linetype with dashed line with and X (Example - - - X - - - X - - - X)

I tried creating the linetype be creating a shape file under the pull down Express, Tools, Make Shape.

I inserted the shape file and shx file into the drawing and modified my LIN file for a new line type but it's not working.

*CONE, Cone ----0-----0----0-----0----0-----0--
A,.25,-.1,[CONE,CONE.shx,x=-.1,s=.1],-.1,1

It ends up looking like the PDF attachment.

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks 

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
jggerth
in reply to: Anonymous

instead of a shape, use a font.  Define ARIAL or WINGDINGS as a text style, and use a bulet character from there.

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous

How did you make the shape solid?
Message 4 of 16
jggerth

You can't.  that's part of the problem.

it's possibleto fake a solid dot by using concentric circle and filling i in that way.....

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous

I think the problem is the shp definition, make the cirlce with radius 1, and fill with other objects, circles or lines to fake the solid.
Message 6 of 16
Ajilal.Vijayan

Try this

From this post....

*DOTS,Dots . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
A,.000001,-.1,["\U+25CF",ARIAL,S=.1,R=0,X=0,Y=-.045],-.1

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: Ajilal.Vijayan

This is what I'm going for.

What can I do to get rid of the little tiny dot next to the circles?

In the end I want a solid circle with a radius of 12", spaced 10' apart.

Message 8 of 16
jggerth

If the end result is what really matters -- forget about linetypes.  Acad's linetype handling is still stuck in the late 1980s; based on pen plotters and understanding pen-up, pen-down, stroke etc.  LTSCALE pretty much guarantees that you can't guarantee the size/space exactly.

Instead, use a continuous line on a non-plot layer, and look into the ARRAY or MEASURE commands to spread your dots along the length,

Or, if you really think it has to be a line, look into AUTOLINE, a 3rd party package that has a bit more flexibility and ability than what's OOTB.

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: jggerth

Thanks.

I modified the file to show the correct size of the circle with the correct spacing except for what goes on at the begining and end of the line.

Could you help?

See attachment.

*CONE,Cones . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
A,1,-1,["\U+25CF",ARIAL,S=40,R=0,X=-17.21,Y=-15.76],-120

Message 10 of 16
Anonymous

Unfortunately nothing to be done, this is the way linetypes behave. Only workaround I can think of is to draw in rounded off lengths (ie 100', 110' etc) and move the whole line around as needed, it will not be connected at the endpoints.
Message 11 of 16
Ajilal.Vijayan

If you can consider Dynamic block and Arraypath, please find the attached drawing with examples of these.

There is limitation for Dynamic block as it can be used only for lines , not for curve or arc.

So I guess ARRAYPATH will give you more flexibility.

Spoiler
Capture.JPG

Message 12 of 16

This is the best way in my opinion. Array path command is awesome with plenty of options. With a polyline you're very limited. Only thing I'd add, is that you'd want to make the polyline that you use as the curve path to be on a no plot layer so it will not plot. I put together a write up in 10minutes, I've attached in PDF format to help out if you had questions.

Message 13 of 16
ara_neresesian

hi

you can do it by this code

*0,0 ----0----0----0----0----0----^
A,2,[".",LINE,X=-.6,Y=-.2,S=3],001

just in font style add a new styles with name "LINE" and choose Arial Rounded MT Bold

that is all.

sending dwg for you

Capture.PNG

Message 14 of 16

hi

this is a good idea but we cannot use lot off modification for example offset , match properties  ,trim or extend.

it must be a line or polyline ,

Message 15 of 16

I need a continuous line with 5" diameter filled circles space 50" apart. Can you help me?

Penny

Message 16 of 16
pendean
in reply to: stephanie_devries

@stephanie_devries wrote:

I need a continuous line with 5" diameter filled circles space 50" apart. Can you help me?

Penny

Help yourself, start here https://help.autodesk.com/view/ACD/2024/ENU/?guid=GUID-7C094008-385C-459D-818A-05A2169D13DF 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost