Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cursor snap to WCS zero point - coordinates not zero?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Jorgen1990
1625 Views, 2 Replies

Cursor snap to WCS zero point - coordinates not zero?

Hi!

I have a strange issue in AutoCAD Plant 3D, but I posted it in general AutoCAD forum as it is not Plant-specific problem.

I set the coordinate system to World (WCS). I have selected the "Show UCS icon in Origin". Now when I hover my mouse over the UCS icon and let it snap into the Origin, the coordinate values in the bottom left corner of the screen should display zero values (0.0000, 0.0000, 0.0000), but they don't. Only Z value is 0.0000, but X and Y values are totally random. Also, the X and Y values change (move closer to 0 value) when I zoom in.

Please see attachment also.

This is the first time that I encounter such strange issue. I have always used the coordinate values in the bottom left corner to give coordinates of some specific points or locations of equipment, for example, to co-workers who work on the same project. Should I not trust those coordinates anymore?

Jörgen

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi,

the coordinate display shows the coordinate "before it snaps", so at least the coordinate of the border of the grip.

And when you are zoomed quite far away, meaning the size of the grip-box is quite big (measured in absolute coordinates), you'll see the differences.

You can try it when you come close to the grip-box one time from the +x, the other time from the -x value (as sample), so it's not really "random".

At least I see that not as a bug as you have not clicked for a point select (or get anything wrong for a geometry), it's just not beautiful.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 3

Thank you, Alfred!

I figured it out by myself also that it effectively does not cause any problems, just got me confused when I saw non- zero values in zero point.

Jörgen

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost