Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CTR+SHIFT+U not working in DIM's

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
C_Witt
669 Views, 9 Replies

CTR+SHIFT+U not working in DIM's

Can anyone explain why this key combo no longer works in DIM's when the default text is selected?   And if it is possible to get it working again?

This used to work in 2013 and earlier..?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Albert_Rius
in reply to: C_Witt

Hi,

All references that I found regarding the Ctrl+Shift+U is related to change all text selected to uppercase, so this should not have any effect when editing dimension values having selected the default value.

Please can you provide more information about the behavior that you are expecting when pressing  Ctrl+Shift+U in a dimension?

Thanks

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Albert Rius
Technical Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 10
C_Witt
in reply to: Albert_Rius

right, so you would use it to change the case of text you add to a dimension.   The "problem" (that started with 2014) is that if you have the default text in your selection, this key combination does nothing.

Clear?

Message 4 of 10
C_Witt

- create a dim.

- add text to the start or end (or both)

- select everything and try the Uppercase or Lowercase key shortcuts, they won't do anything to the added text so long as the default text is part of your selection.

Message 5 of 10
Albert_Rius

Hi,

Please check the video on next link, after create the dim and adding some text I can use the CTRL+SHIFT+U and CTRL+SHIFT+L to switch between the upper and lower cases with AutoCAD 2015. I'm missing something?

View CTRl_SHIFT_U now.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Albert Rius
Technical Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 6 of 10
nestly2

I see the same behavior as Albert, except when using Architectural dimensions (feet/inches), in which case only the text preceeding the default value changes case when all the text is selected.  This however is not "new"... it worked like that as least as far back as 2010

Message 7 of 10
C_Witt

Well, the only difference that I can see is that I'm doing this on 2014 (still have 2013 installed, it works there).

I'll try a uninstall/reinstall of 2014 and see if that helps..  If it is just a glitch, it's a strange one.

Thanks for looking into it regardless.

Message 8 of 10
C_Witt

alright, a little more information (still happening).

paste this as your dim text.. (everything in quotations, even blank spaces) and select it all.

1) "dd <> dd"  upper/lower works

2) "dd <>"  upper/lower works

3) " <> dd"  upper/lower works

4) "<> dd"  upper/lower does NOT work

?

Message 9 of 10
nrz13

I can confirm this behavior in AutoCAD 2015.  Definitely seems like a bug, no matter how long it has been present in AutoCAD.

Unfortunately, Autodesk does not typically view logical inconsistencies as bugs.  It will likely be classified as a feature request and lost in the pile of feature requests that gets ignored so Autodesk can instead concentrate on retooling the color scheme and removing other features for the next release.

Work:  AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700K, 32GB RAM, Samsung 960 Pro SSD, AMD Radeon Pro WX 5100, 3 Dell Monitors (3840x2160)
Home: AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-11700, 64GB RAM, Samsung 980 Pro SSD, NVIDIA Quadro P2200, Dell Monitor (3840x2160)
Message 10 of 10
Albert_Rius

Hi,

Thanks for the extra information, I managed to reproduce it and this is now escalated to the development team to check.

Thanks for the report.

Albert Rius
Technical Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost