Did you mean: 

Crosshairs on every line

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
drguitarum2005
896 Views, 10 Replies

Crosshairs on every line

AutoCAD Mechanical 2014, somehow I entered a mode on one particular drawing where every time I click on a line, a curve, a points, etc., there are some X-Y coordinate/UCS crosshairs in the center. If I click on multiple things, the crosshairs appear in the center of the entire selection. How do I exit this mode? Happened to my coworker as well but went away when he updated to 2014. Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
drjohn
in reply to: drguitarum2005

A guess:

UCSICON = OFF maybe?

UCSICON = NO ORIGIN maybe?

Unless you mean the actual drawing crosshairs and not the UCS ICON that shows the X,Y,Z.  Then I got nuthin'.

Regards,

DJ

Message 3 of 11
drguitarum2005
in reply to: drjohn

It's an X-Y crosshair that shows up on every single line I click on and only when a line or group of lines is selected
Message 4 of 11
dgorsman

A screenshot would be very helpful, otherwise we're just going to continue with WAGs.  Mine: you have automatic constraints turned on.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 5 of 11
drguitarum2005
in reply to: dgorsman

Here's a screenshot of it on one line. If I pick another line, the crosshairs move to what seems like the centroid or COG of all the selected lines.Crosshairs.png

Message 6 of 11
dgorsman

Could be dynamic UCS, but I suspect its the Widget, which is displayed under the 3D visual styles like "3D Wireframe".  It allows for objets to be modified by pulling on the different axes and planes in the Widget.  There's also a rotational widget which allows for rotations in the same manner.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 7 of 11
drguitarum2005
in reply to: dgorsman

Hmmmm I looked in the help file for the visual styles and whatnot and odn't even have the "Visual Styles" category under my "View" tab. I work strictly in 2D in AutoCAD. Does that help any?

Message 8 of 11
drjohn

I'm pretty sure dgorsman is right.

Set your session for 2D Wireframe and they will go away.

Regards,

DJ

Message 9 of 11

Type VS then enter. Then type 2 enter again. That will change the visual styles to 2D wireframe.
If this post solves your problem, please mark it as solved. It will help others with a similar problem to find a solution.

Kind regards,

Edwin Prakoso
LinkedIn | Website | Twitter
Message 10 of 11

That was it sir(s), thanks!
Message 11 of 11
nestly2

The technical term for the object is a "Gizmo" and while switching to a 2D Visual style will suppress it, so will the Gizmo variables.

GTAUTO = 0       Gizmos are not displayed automatically when you select objects before starting a command

DEFAULTGIZMO = 3      No gizmo is displayed by default when an object is selected in a 3D workspace

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost