Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cross section elevation (seabed)

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
ykuan87
907 Views, 8 Replies

cross section elevation (seabed)

For hydrographic data, its elevation always defined as negative value such -3.5m, -10m....

During present into the drawing, hydrographic data must be display in positive value in dwg while z value of land survey required to swap into negative.

(* in terramodel, those negative z value import into the terramodel will become positive automatically in the screen but z value for each point stil remain negative, this very important for those seabed mapping industry.

my question is unlike terramodel, autocad display z elevation accordingly during import the xyz data. 

As per photo attached, right hand side is the one i requested. 

Manually edit negative sign to positive sign and the other hand might spend a lot of time if there are many multiple cross section view, omit the negative in original data might cause whole surface became up side down. any good suggestion or solution for me?

thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
3wood
in reply to: ykuan87

If the work is only to change negtive numbers to positive numbers and vice versa, you can try ALTEXT.vlx which can simply multiple  -1 to selected numbers.

Settings as below:

altext.png

Message 3 of 9
ykuan87
in reply to: 3wood

hey 3woods, it cant work because the number itself is in text form. so although i multiply -30 with -1 but the answer shown --30 which mean double minus.
Message 4 of 9
3wood

Please check your settings. Make it exactly as the settings in my post. Especially options of "Change to", "Operator", & "Increment".

Message 5 of 9
ykuan87

the same steps repeated but still the same problem..:((

Message 6 of 9
3wood

Can you upload a small part of dwg file as an example?

Message 7 of 9
ykuan87

the compressed file is attached as your request.

Message 8 of 9
3wood

Sorry I missed the negative part.

Please also tick "Dash as negative symbol" option and adjust "Start from" to a smaller number such as -10000.

Message 9 of 9
ykuan87

thanks, its works but the only problem i cant use this command for long term if it is expired.:P

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost