Did you mean: 

Creating terrain from pdf

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
444 Views, 3 Replies

Creating terrain from pdf

Can someone please help me?

I have this terrain pdf showing the hightlines of the ground. look at attachment. is there a way to import just the lines then use them later? what i mean i want to extrude the hight lines from the pdf, be able to  use them instead of drawing the lines myself. is this possible?

Petter

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TerryDotson
in reply to: Anonymous

Assuming the contours are vectors in the PDF (you can't tell from the screen capture) a person with the right tools could extract them as polylines, and elevationalize them in about five minutes.  The problem is the scale (in between those two processes).  You might know the distance between two buildings to the nearest meter or so.  Then there is the lack of contour labels, there could be some spot elevations to help determine them.  Given the loss of scale accuracy, unless you are simply looking for visualization it wouldn't be accurate enough.

If there ever was a case of needing the source content in drawing (or other precision) format, this is it.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: TerryDotson

How do i know if they are vectors buddy?
im pretty new to this. earlier i just drew the lines. but this project is
pretty big, so i guess it would mean pretty much work doing it.

Petter
Message 4 of 4
TerryDotson
in reply to: Anonymous

In Adobe's free viewer, if you zoom to 800% or more and the linework remains crisp it should be vectors. If you begin to see stairstep jagged edges it's likely raster.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost