AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

lo47
Message 1 of 3 (117 Views)

Creating own scale on autocad

117 Views, 2 Replies
04-23-2013 07:19 AM

Hi, 

I am trying to set up a scale of a known distance on a photgraph that I have put in autocad. I know that this distance is 100mm, and have tried to work out how to mark this known distance, and then be able to work out the measurements of other dimensions in the photograph, including non-linear measurements. Is this possible? 

Thanks.

*Expert Elite*
GrantsPirate
Message 2 of 3 (112 Views)

Re: Creating own scale on autocad

04-23-2013 07:30 AM in reply to: lo47

Using the Scale command, and the reference option (watch the command line) you can easily to this.

Scale, select, pick any point as a base point, R for reference, pick the two points you know are 100mm, now type in 100.  

From there you can just use the DIST, MEASUREGEOM, or DIMENSION commands to pull other lengths.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.
*Expert Elite*
heinsite
Message 3 of 3 (72 Views)

Re: Creating own scale on autocad

04-24-2013 01:05 AM in reply to: lo47

Draw a line at a known direction and length that corresponds to something in your image.  Then insert the image in the drawing.  Now ALIGN the image to the line and say YES to scale objects.  It will now be scaled and oriented properly. 

The ALIGN command is great anytime you bring something like an image or a scanned drawing in as a reference.

Dave.

------------------------------------------------------
Dave Hein, P.E.
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.