Did you mean: 

Created tool palettes, upon restart they are gone

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
dtiemeyer
1821 Views, 4 Replies

Created tool palettes, upon restart they are gone

I spent 4 hours this afternoon creating & customizing about 15 tool palettes. AutoCAD MEP 2014 w/ latest service pack. I opened tool palettes, right-clicked on the the title bar > New Palette... then renamed it. Copy/pasted buttons from other TPs & edited those buttons. Then I closed AutoCAD and reopened. They were gone, (not present in the 'customize palettes' command) nowhere to be found. No ATC files were created in my tool palette file locations either. Ive attached an image showing my Options, I have checked both directories, neither contain the ATC files. Does anybody have any suggestions? Or did AutoCAD just screw me out of 4 hours of my life?

I can recreate this scenario easily, every time I run AutoCAD, create a new TP, no ATC file gets created, upon restart TP is missing.

Thanks,

Dustin

My other CAD is a Cadillac and I like to Revit to the Max!
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: dtiemeyer

hello sir,

try to save your current setting to workspace....

pls look attachment.

hope this will help.

regards,

Virgilio Benedictos

Message 3 of 5
dmfrazier
in reply to: dtiemeyer

Your issue sounds a lot like this one:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-2013-2014/Palettes-not-staying-put/td-p/4796551

No solution yet, but there have been some suggestions, and Autodesk Support has now chimed in, so maybe soon?

Message 4 of 5
dtiemeyer
in reply to: dmfrazier

thanks DMFRAZIER, it was the same issue, and a workaround was found.
Message 5 of 5
dtiemeyer
in reply to: Anonymous

thanks Virgilio, you got me thinking in the right direction, trying another profile was the workaround that worked.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost