Did you mean: 

Create top view with depth? or isolate a viewport from all others

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
467 Views, 3 Replies

Create top view with depth? or isolate a viewport from all others

Hi

I am using AutoCAD 2013 and Magicad to draw sprinkler, with three pieces of 2D drawings I make my own 3D drawings with elevations and so on. But now when I do the drawings so I do not know what to do to hide the different objects that are below my plan that I want to display in the viewports. When I hide the "level 2" in the viewport to "level 3" disappears "level 2" from the view port that shows "Level 2".

Is it possible to make a topview with custom deep so that you only see floor 3/2/1 in different views?

Or is it possible to freeze a viewport from all others, so any changes I make in a viewport remains changing in just that one?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I want to freeze or isolate a viewport from model space and from other viewports. If i change something in modelspace or other viewports it wont affect that viewport and so with the others. I want every viewport to be special until i say it can be updated or changed

Message 3 of 4
jggerth
in reply to: Anonymous

Viewports don't work that way.  think of them as a 'windows looking into modelspace', not a photograph.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: jggerth

Yes, I know that. But since you can isolate, freeze and so on I thought it was possible to isolate a viewport from the other ones. So the only option I have is to explode all my layers and divide them into level1/level2/level3 then use layer freeze in the different viewports?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost