Did you mean: 

Copy wtih basepoint

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Penington
436 Views, 2 Replies

Copy wtih basepoint

I reset my autocad to default this morning when I arrived to work. When I used copy with basepoint it acts as the MOVE command does but copies istead of moving. Typically the command line would as for a basepoint and then the aperture would go back to normal and i could paste anywhere I wanted including other projects. Now it is dragging the selected items and asking for a second point immediately and not allowing me to paste in other projects. If I could get it back to how it was before that would be amaazing. This problem is really slowing my productivity. I am using AutoCAD 2014.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Penington
in reply to: Penington

I fixed it! I worked for 4 hours on this problem and then fixed it immediately after I posted this. The macro in CUI was changed to C somehow? It should have been ^C^C_copybase. I have no idea....

Message 3 of 3
jggerth1
in reply to: Penington

You only want to use COPYBASE if you are copying entities between layouts, or between different DWG files.  the standard COPY command is the one you should normally use for every other scenario -- eg copying in model space, in a layout, in a viewport.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost