Did you mean: 

copy to clipboard failed

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
dave_bray09
13032 Views, 6 Replies

copy to clipboard failed

i know this is a topic that has been discussed a few times, and I have tried all the solutions I can find to no avail.

using CAD-14 LT im trying to copy and paste a drawing made up of blocks from a client's drawing to my own. I should mention that the proxy graphics dialogue box pops up when I first open the clients drawing, im guessing this has something to do with it?

I have tried purging the whole drawing, I have run an audit, I have done the wblock command, saved into a new drawing, opened this and exploded everything and still it wont let me copy to clipboard.

I have seen some answers to this saying I might need to install something but I don't have permissions on my work PC to do this, so not an option.

any other ideas? anything I've missed?

thanks in advance

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
hwalker
in reply to: dave_bray09

Welcome to the Forums

These forums are for the full version of Autocad. The LT version of the forums is below

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-lt-general-discussion/bd-p/43

BUT before you post your question there. Have you tried using AUDIT to see if there are any errors in the drawing? If there are get it to automatically fix them and then try again.

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 7

Hi,

>> I should mention that the proxy graphics dialogue box pops up

And that is it ... proxy objects can only be displayed and plotted (normally), but not modified and not created. The copy & paste functionality needs to "create" objects in the destination drawing and that's why it fails.

Ask the sender of the drawing to convert the proxy objects to normal AutoCAD geometry and send you the drawing then again.

What the sender can do to convert that application specific objects (proxies for you in AutoCAD LT) depends on the application, there might be special commands to achive that (like -EXPORTTOAUTOCAD) or _EXPLODE might work, at leat it's on the application that created these objects.

Good luck, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 4 of 7
pendean

Your file contains objects you cannot edit it LT: several ways to fix it is you can confirm that WBLOCK command also doesn't work on the same entities (there are more ways than copy/paste to move items between files you know).

-EXPORTTOAUTOCAD command (there is a dash in the name, type it as shown) is designed to explore proxy objects to dumb the file down for plain AutoCAD/LT to use: just keep track of where the new file ends up and what you called it.
Message 5 of 7

thank you, -EXPORTTOAUTOCAD worked first time 🙂

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

DELETE THE LAYOUT .IT WILL WORK

THNX

ANIL  KUMAR S

@dave_bray09 wrote:

i know this is a topic that has been discussed a few times, and I have tried all the solutions I can find to no avail.

using CAD-14 LT im trying to copy and paste a drawing made up of blocks from a client's drawing to my own. I should mention that the proxy graphics dialogue box pops up when I first open the clients drawing, im guessing this has something to do with it?

I have tried purging the whole drawing, I have run an audit, I have done the wblock command, saved into a new drawing, opened this and exploded everything and still it wont let me copy to clipboard.

I have seen some answers to this saying I might need to install something but I don't have permissions on my work PC to do this, so not an option.

any other ideas? anything I've missed?

thanks in advance

Message 7 of 7
ercan.dursun

Açıklanan hiçbir komut bu sorunu çözmeye yardımcı olmadı. Ben de deneme ve yanılma yolu ile bu soruna kesin çözüm buldum.

Şimdi herkes dikkatle aşağıda yazdıklarımı uygulasın.

1- "Copy to clipboard failed" Uyarısını aldığınız DWG dosyanızı açın,

2- Dosyayı açtıktan sonra model'e gidin ve tüm CTRL+A ile bütün çizimi seçerek COPY komutu ile belirli bir ölçü girere çizimin sol tarafına kopyalayın, Örneğin 1500m sola doğru kopyalayın.

3- Kopyalama işlemini tamamladıktan sonra ERASE komutunu girin ve ardından "P" ENTER yaparak orjinal çizimlerin tamamını silin. Silme işleminden sonra "MOVE" komutunu girdikten sonra Sol tarafa kopyasını aldığımız çizimin tamamını seçerek 1500m sağa (ORJİNAL KONUMUNA) taşıyın.

4- Layout' larınız da aynı hatayı alıyorsanız hata aldığınız LAYOUT' un üzerinde MOUSE SAĞ TUŞUNA tıklayıp açılan pencereden "MOVE OR COPY" seçeneğini tıklayın ve yine yeni açılacak pencereden de "CREATE A COPY" seçeneğini işaretetlerek hatalı Layout' dan kopya olşuşturalım. Daha sonra hata aldığınız Layout' u silin.

5- Son olarak dosyamızı ne olur ne olmaz diyerek farklı bir isimle kaydedelim. Göreceksiniz ki CTRL+C ile kopyalama işlemine hatasız olarak devam edebileceksiniz.

Teşekkürlerinizi ve beğenilerinizi eksik etmeyin kardeşlerim.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost