Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy-Paste of Loose Text & Lines not working

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
s60088g
1907 Views, 4 Replies

Copy-Paste of Loose Text & Lines not working

I have loose text and lines on a paperspace that I want to copy to another layout in the same dwg.  I copy fine but when I paste, nothing appears.  All layers on.  Here is what's showing up in the command lines and other posts about this do not address the issue.

"Command: _copybase
Specify base point: 12 found

Command: <Switching to: A-104.00-ELECT>
Regenerating layout.
Regenerating model.

Command: _pasteclip Duplicate definition of block _ArchTick ignored.
Duplicate definition of block _Open90 ignored."

ArchTick has nothing to do with what I'm copying.  And what I'm copying is not a block.  This is wasting my time and I just want to move forward with work!!   Help!!

I have noticed when I look in the list of Blocks, what I'm trying to paste has made itself a random block even though I never made it a block nor did I "Paste as block."  I have purged and audited multiple times.  This is insane.

DWG copy is attached here.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
s60088g
in reply to: s60088g

Anticipating that it will do no harm, I used the DGN Hotfix by replacing the dgnLS file and renaming the existing as .bak.

In AutoCAD, the DGNPURGE command is not recognized...... ??
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Not sure what version of AutoCAD your are on - I'm on 2015 SP2 and it is copying/pasting fine for me.  I am however getting the same "duplicate definition" warning as you, but does not affect my ability to paste.  Also, when I paste the contents into the other tab, they are pasting as they should - they are not being converted to blocks nor are they showing up in the block list.

I did notice that your command prompt list though is not correct.  Not sure if you just re-typed it out or if you copied and pasted it.  If that is a copy and paste, then there is something wrong.  The line that says "Specifey Base Point:" should either be blank if you picked a point, or should show coordinates if you typed them in (ie: 0,0,0).  There should be a next line that says: "Select Objects:" and that's were the "12 found" should be showing.

Here is my command prompt (copied and pasted).  I just picked a point and did a window selection:

Command:
COPYBASE

Specify base point:
Select objects: Specify opposite corner: 12 found

Select objects:

Message 4 of 5
sthompson1021

I know it doesn't help your situation but I have no problem copying from one layout to the other. I'm using 2014. I tried it using Ctrl C  and Ctrl V and also right clicking and using the clipboard. I am getting the Arch Tick and Open 90 message too but it does paste for me.

Message 5 of 5
s60088g
in reply to: sthompson1021

Thanks.... I always do Ctrl+Shift+C to use a basepoint and choose 0,0.  I copied from the List the pertinent entries.

I've since solved the issue yet still do not understand why this was a problem!

----I made what I wanted to copy into a block.  I inserted the block but in the dialog box, I unchecked specify on screen and let the 0,0,0 default remain and then the block was there and visible.

Why typing in 0,0 or even just clicking on the screen did not work, I've no idea.  In other drawings, I have no problem just copying and pasting whatever I want.  I've come across this before but somehow find a way to get things straight.  Mystery remains...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost