AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

Contributor
ivor.bach
Message 11 of 27 (3,624 Views)

Re: Copy Paste from another drawing does not work

01-16-2013 06:34 AM in reply to: DuncanBrannan82

no wonder... did not uppload... too big i think..

sorry about that

dale.bartlett
Message 12 of 27 (3,556 Views)

03-09-2013 12:19 AM in reply to: ivor.bach

We have the same problem. Does anyone have a solution? Have install SP1.1. Thanks, Dale

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 13 of 27 (3,539 Views)

03-09-2013 02:28 PM in reply to: dale.bartlett

What solutions and tips posted above did you try? you post adds nothing to the discussion and does nothing to highlight your exact problem. Be more detailed please.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Contributor
ivor.bach
Message 14 of 27 (3,517 Views)

03-10-2013 05:37 PM in reply to: pendean

I've solved my problem... So... Copy-Paste did not work on one dwg, but it did on an other... So it has to be a database problem (I mean dwg as a database) or it must be Autocad, but as it does work on the other files it is not the Autocad...

I've done all the things one could imagine with my DWG and no, it still does not work...

What I have left to suspect?! 

Is my drawings geometry carrying any system variables with it?!

It shows that it DOES!

Even if all is wblocked to another drawing.

What I did was export all the system variables from drawing that does work (a new empty drawing) using expresstools/tools/System Variable Editor and applied them on the drawing that did not work.

Now it does work...

I did not make analysis of exported variable lists, but I will when i get some time (I work 24/7 now for the third week...coffe, please) but I will.

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 15 of 27 (3,496 Views)

03-11-2013 05:50 AM in reply to: ivor.bach

Good workaround: I'd be curious to find out which variable(s) it was.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 16 of 27 (3,454 Views)

03-12-2013 12:45 AM in reply to: ivor.bach

Hi,

I'm also interesting what sysvar did this solve/was the problem (and what settings), but

ATTENTION: exporting sysvars (using command SYSVDLG) exports double values only with that number of decimal-places defined in the _UNITS dialog ==> precision. Importing that truncated values then is risky!

As an example: if the variable DIMEXO is set to 0.625 (what it is by default for metric AutoCAD templates), and your precision is set to 2 decimal places the export writes DIMEXO 0.63. If you import now this SVF-file into another drawing this value (0.63) is imported, so it's different/wrong in the destination drawing.

With double values of any length-options the error is not as big as if you export angular-values. Also therefor a sample:

If you have set ANGBASE to 90° (so having the north-direction as angle=0) the SYSVDLG exports this value in radiant (with a lot of decimal places that is 1,5707963....), limiting that now to 2 decimalplaces and reimporting that in another drawing makes the "0°-base" not any more at 90°, but at 89.95°. That also might not seem to be that much, but at least all you draw based on that wrong ANGBASE will not fit into other drawings (not as exact as CAD has to work).

The most problem is ==> you don't see it as long as you don't interchange data with other drawings.

The second problem is, I only have mentioned 2 variables here ... out of many in the SVF!

I hope I't understandable, so be very, very carefull using that SVF for importing! (maybe removing the double values from the SVF before importing it might be an option).

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
Contributor
ivor.bach
Message 17 of 27 (3,437 Views)

03-13-2013 03:20 AM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Still on 27/7 work time...
To do the analysis,  export variables from both of your dwg and compare them using word Compare text processor. Look only for system variables (not precision or dimensional, they may be different for a reason).

PS: alfred.neswadba is right about precision set to lower values, so you should set the precision  in both dwg to max value before exporting. Sorry I did not mention that before.

Contributor
ivor.bach
Message 18 of 27 (3,436 Views)

03-13-2013 03:23 AM in reply to: ivor.bach

You should only change the important values so analysis is what you should do before importing anything. Even better just change the important values manually.

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 19 of 27 (3,432 Views)

03-13-2013 03:41 AM in reply to: ivor.bach

Hi,

>> you should set the precision  in both dwg to max value before exporting

Even the maximum number of decimalplaces is not the full precission, especially for angular values!

That's why I would remove the sysvars with double values from the SVF-file before importing it.

>> Sorry I did not mention that before.

Don't worry about that, if that really works then your idea might be great for a lot of questions here (so we are waiting for the sysvar that did the trick :smileywink:

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
Valued Contributor
VaDesigner10
Message 20 of 27 (3,231 Views)

05-21-2013 07:45 PM in reply to: ivor.bach

Am having a similar problem, although when I "paste to orginal coordinates", the items copied are at the wrong scale, though all the drawings are at the same scale.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.