Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy/Paste and Block Issue

22 REPLIES 22
Message 1 of 23
Anonymous
11470 Views, 22 Replies

Copy/Paste and Block Issue

I've been having an issue with the Copy/Paste command and inserting blocks on AutoCAD. 

I select the objects that I want to copy, select "Edit" then "Copy".  On the command line it confirms the number of objects copied.  However, when I select "Paste", it asks me to specify an "insertion point", but there is no ghost image and nothing pastes. It will not paste from one drawing to another, and will not paste in the same drawing either.  This is very frustrating as I cannot copy complex symbols or title blocks from one drawing to the next.

I've searched high and low for answers and I have not been able to find a solution.  What makes this even more of a headache is that I cannot insert blocks on the drawing either.  Upon selecting a block, it will show a ghost image, but when I place it on model space, it disappears.

I've purged the drawing, audited the drawing, and deleted unnecessary objects.  Nothing has worked.

I'm running AutoCAD 2014 on Windows 7 Professional 64 bit.

Any guidence will be appriciated.

22 REPLIES 22
Message 21 of 23
HullDrafter
in reply to: Anonymous

I would like to make one other suggestion. View both drawings side by side, and try to pull the block straight across from one drawing to the other. I have had this work occassionally.

Message 22 of 23
Anonymous
in reply to: HullDrafter

The problem turned out to be a hardware problem... not a CAD problem. Once I had my PC replaced, the issue disappeared and has not happened since.

This e-mail contains privileged and confidential information intended for the use of the addressees named above. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that you must not disseminate, copy or take any action in respect of any information contained in it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and immediately destroy this e-mail and its attachments.
Message 23 of 23
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I have had the same _copyclip and _pasteclip problem when copying and pasting between drawings. I tried all the suggestions here and nothing worked. Finally, I was able to copy and paste on the same drawing, so I did, then tried _cutclip and _pasteclip to cut and paste between drawings. This worked! I went back to the first drawing and closed it without saving, in case there were any unexpected changes in that drawing (from the vendor).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost