Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copy Group

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jamied2000
471 Views, 4 Replies

copy Group

Is there a way to copy a group from one file to another file and keep the group?  When ever I copy a group from file to file the grouping association is not there anymore.  So its all single object again.  And sometimes when I copy its more than one group.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ToddRogers-WPM
in reply to: jamied2000

Use a WBLOCK.

Todd Rogers
Message 3 of 5
pendean

If it needs to move from one file to another it needs to become a block first ("wblock" tip is the old-school method, ctrl+c then ctrl+shift+v does it on the fly).
Message 4 of 5
jamied2000
in reply to: pendean

That is the way i copy from one file to another is ctl+c and ctl+shift+v.  But apparently this way does not keep the groups that have been made in the file that you are copying from.

Message 5 of 5
pendean

GROUPs are lost with a "paste", it's how they work. Within a file or between files.

CTRL+SHIFT+V creates a block: explode the block and it's a block no more. See my first sentence about groups disappearing.

My suggestion, as the one from Todd, was to get you to maintain the blocks forever. Or explode them then recreate the group afterwards if needed (you can do that with a little Lisp if you want to write it up).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost