Did you mean: 

copy and paste

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
KenMackey
165 Views, 2 Replies

copy and paste

hello,

I am attempting to coping a leader from one drawling and paste it to another. When I do paste the leader to the second drawling I can only access(highlight) it from model space and not (layout). Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you Ken,

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
doni49
in reply to: KenMackey

If you can access it within Model space at all, then it HAS to have been pasted into model space.  If you're on a layout tab, then you have the option of being in paperspace or (via a model view) in modelspace. 

Type in MS and the active modelview will be hightlighed (see the attached image).  Make sure you have the right one active.  Also note that if the MViews overlap each other, it is possible for something to APPEAR to be in the active mview while it's actually in the other one.

AcadMViews.png

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 3 of 3
dbroad
in reply to: KenMackey

If the leader has an annotative style and if the target drawing has annoallvisible set off, then the leader will only appear in a layout viewport when that viewport is scaled to match one of the leader's supported scales.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost