Did you mean: 

Copy & Paste issue

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
218 Views, 3 Replies

Copy & Paste issue

I have a unique issue. 

I can copy & paste just once in my drawing and after that, it will no longer allow me to do so unless I shut down AutoCAD and restart my computer.

Even after the shutdown, I experience the same issue. It will allow me to only copy & paste once.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Is this a new problem that just cropped up?
WHat has changed recently with your setup?
Are you in a Windows limited user acount?
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

This is a new issue that just cropped up.

We have an existing station that has been idle for a few months.

Recently, we had a new designer start and this is an issue he alone is experiencing.

I have noticed the system hasnt been updated to service pack 1 yet.

I am not sure if the service pack update will even help since we also are using a "tag along" or "sister" program called Hydracad and are experiencing minor glitches with some of the systems features also.

I would like to avoid having to uninstall then reinstall the programs but it's looking like that may be the route to proceed in.

Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

The problem is there is something preventing AUtoCAD from deleting the first copy/paste (AutoCAD writes to a file on the PC, user's temp folder usually). Restarting AutoCAD may be releasing 'something'. There is no fix inside AutoCAD for system level restrictions.

Making this old "idle" machine up to the level of everyone else' PC at your office may be the better approach, also ensuring the user has a Windows Log-in with identical restrictions/limitations to everyone else using AutoCAD.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost