Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversion from DWG to DXF fro design builder (urgent help )

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1741 Views, 3 Replies

Conversion from DWG to DXF fro design builder (urgent help )

Hi Every 1, I am stuck at a point i want to convert this one DWG to DXF, , the problem i am facing is that the size of the converted DXF file is around 12 mb, whereas it should be in KBs. i am converting it in binary, and then selecting the object, and when i transfer the file to design builder it shows out of range, i have tried following also 1) converted mm to m 2) cleaned up the model 3) saved in an older dxf format (eg 2012) to allow for better compatibility 4) moved everything to a near 0,0,0 coordinates 5) used ascii instead of binary Still i am facing the problem. I am attaching the file .. Please Help me with this.. Jibran

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

PURGE your DWG file and see if that helps: it's only 60k after that, down from your 2.7MB cluttered mess that you posted.

Otherwise DXF files are bigger that DWG files otherwise. Nature of the file format.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

did you managed to get the file after purging?
Message 4 of 4
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

find attached the (imho) smallest possible file saved in DXF 2010 format.

And at least it's not sure what the question is .. e.g. moving the geometry close to the 0,0 point does not reduce file size, so I guess there are other questions open and not just the size ... is there any software that can't open your file? Which software is that and what message do you get when trying to open the file.

The steps to make the file smaller is to start _PURGE multipe times, and for 2015 don't forget to check the two options to clean zero length objects and also orphanded data. If you don't have AutoCAD 2015 then download the tool for removing the DGN-linetypes (>>>here<<<).

HTH, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost