Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control name of pdf plot based on titleblock fields?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
b1_
Contributor
1009 Views, 2 Replies

Control name of pdf plot based on titleblock fields?

Is it possible to control the file name of a pdf plot based on that drawing's titleblock fields?

We need our pdf to come out like so:

<job number>_D503_<drawing number>_<revision number>_<date in format YYMMDD>.pdf

I haven't set up my title block fields yet but will if can transfer the titleblock fields into the filename when we plot to PDF.

I am using AutoCAD2015LT, and the built-in "DWG to PDF.pc3" plot driver (we also have CutePDF driver but can't get that to plot to separate pdf files). Would prefer it done through the sheetset manager.

Do I need to learn AutoLISP to achieve this?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: b1_

LT does not offer advanced programming needed here for the task: set If setting up SSM's flyout to display what you want for a sheet name is not an option, set PUBLISH/SSM to prompt you for the file name and manually edit is another option.

Here is a link to the first idea: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-electrical-general/configuring-filename-when-publishing-to-pdf...
Message 3 of 3
b1_
Contributor
in reply to: b1_

We've gone with the workaround for now.

- change paperspace layout tab to the file name we want for our PDF plots.

- edit the layout tab name whenever there is a new issue with the issue number (we have to open the drawing and add revision clouds etc anyway, we will just add the layout tab edit step)

- use publish and the "layout" setting when adding drawings to the publish list so the name is only the layout tab name.

- then once the pdfs are produced we will append the date using DOS prompt "ren" (rename) command (we don't put the date in the tab layout name inside the drawing because sometimes drawings go out with different dates but same revision number, if we did it would require us to open drawings and change the tab for drawings that hadn't been changed, just to change the date)

Unfortunately we need to the same file-name-change for our etransmits but there appears to be no way to get the revision number into the etransmit file name automatically.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost