Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CONTINUOUS SINGLE LINE TEXT EDITING IS GONE IN AutoCAD2015!

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
4471 Views, 9 Replies

CONTINUOUS SINGLE LINE TEXT EDITING IS GONE IN AutoCAD2015!

I was wondering if anyone else is having this problem in AutoCAD 2015.

I just recently upgraded from 2014 and was shocked whenever I was trying to edit multiple Single Line Text fields and found that I had to double click every one of them instead of the previous versions prior to 2015 whenever you double-clicked on the first line of text and DDEDIT stayed "engaged" allowing you to just single click on subsequent text after that, whether it be Single Line Text or MTEXT.

I have thoroughly checked my SETVAR and compared them to 2014 and have made the necessary adjustments to ensure that the programs are as similar as possible in that aspect and have exhausted every known avenue thus far.  If anyone could help, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

John

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

I can confirm that this seems to have changed. I don't know any sysvar that changes this behavior.

You might edit your CUI, search for the double-click action, search within that for "Text, Edit" to this macro:

^C^C_multiple;_textedit;

It's also different to 2014 as you now have to select the first text-object twice, but you stay in TEXTEDIT command after modifcation of a text object.

Just one way, there might be others using LISP with just one click at the start.

2014-05-30 08-20-58.png

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 10
pendean

DDEDIT command is gone. It was replaced with TEXTEDIT command which works differently.
Alfred's excellent tip(s) are all that can be done so far.
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Thank you Alfred for the information, worked like a champ.

Message 5 of 10
bslagle

this doesn't work for me. any ideas.

Message 6 of 10
jggerth
in reply to: bslagle

exactly "what" doesn't work for you?  did you edit your CUI as Alfred suggested?  

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: jggerth

I went to "Double-click action" and there is nothing there. Help?
I'm using Civil 3d 2015.
Message 8 of 10
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

if the double click action is not defined in the main cui then scroll down to the partial menus, open the ACAD.CUI and there they are ... 😉

Look to >>>this video showing that double-click modification for vertical products like Civil 3D<<<.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

Got it. Thanks.
Message 10 of 10
devongarver

I found this issue coming from 2011 LT to 2015 LT, and used this macro as suggested. However, it does not work the same way it used to in 2011. I know nothing about these macros but I experimented for a few minutes and found that this macro makes it work the way it used to in 2011.

_textedit;^C^C_multiple;_textedit

You double click the first text you want to edit, and it immediately opens the text editor instead of making you select it a second time. Once you finish the last text you are editing, just hit the escape button once to exit the command.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost