constraint icon display

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
mlstalter
2005 Views, 3 Replies

constraint icon display

Hi All,

I'm new to Autocad (2014) and have a nagging problem I'd like to fix. I'm creating a simple schematic in 2d and every time I copy items from one location to another, the constraint icons for the new copy appear. I rmb over one of them and I get a menu which includes the option to hide all constraints. I select it and all of the new ones disappear. Is there a way to disable this?

Many thanks in advance,

mlstalter

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
nestly2
in reply to: mlstalter

AFAIK, there is no way to copy objects (and their contraints) and have the constraint icons automatically hidden.  I believe you must manually hide them with RMB or "Hide All" on the Parametric ribbon tab

Message 3 of 4
pendean
Message 4 of 4
JoAnn_Hogan

Hi Mlstalter,

Yes, since 2014 the feature "infer constraint" became available. Those constraints also makes your drawing extremely big.

What you can do, at the bottom of your screen, turn "Infer Constraint" off. You can also delete all these constraints through the parametric tab, Select delete constraints, highlight the whole model and press "enter". You will see your drawing will be less lagging and it will not create contraints everytime you draw.

Please let me know if this helps

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Twitter: @JoAnn_Hogan
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost