Did you mean: 

Communication Error when downloading autoCAD

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
5373 Views, 9 Replies

Communication Error when downloading autoCAD

I am trying to download autoCAD for students on windows. I have taken all the steps to prepare my computer including taking down the firewall and making sure my systems meets all the requires but still every time I try to install the product a message comes up and says communication error between the site and my computer and I don't know how to fix this. I have tried every other method of downloading which also fail to work and made sure I have excellent internet connection. If there is anyway to fix this pleas let me know.
Thank you!
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
philip.s
in reply to: Anonymous

Welcome to the community Rachel!

The suggested workaround for communication failure errors (outside of the error message suggestions) is to use the Browser Download option. As you mentioned using the other download alternatives, can you please provide additional details as to what failed or error you received with this one?

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous

Thank you!
The error message stated "Communication Error. Download and instillation has been interrupted by a lost connection between the Autodesk website and this computer." I made sure I had excellent internet connection, amoung many other things, but couldn't solve this issue. Additionally I tried using the browser download but I wasn't sure if it downloaded correctly or how to access it after it downloaded. (I basically didn't know all the proper steps in the browsing download process.)
Message 4 of 10
maxim_k

Hi,

which browser you are using to download AutoCAD installer?
In general you have to look for the file wit name like:
AutoCAD_2014_English_Win_XXbit_dlm.sfx.exe
it is AutoCAD installer which you can start by double clicking on it in Explorer.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 5 of 10
Ron-C

It sounds like she's trying to install it from the site, not save it to her computer as she should.

When Prompted: Click on "Save" then find a place to save it to..maybe "Desktop"

Ron

Message 6 of 10
lukegriffith
in reply to: Ron-C

Same song and dance as Rachel. This "browser download" and trial version in general is a giant hunk of ****.

Message 7 of 10
philip.s
in reply to: lukegriffith

Hi Luke,

Would you mind providing some additional details as to what is failing / any error messages you receive when utilizing the browser download option?

Message 8 of 10
shaKen122

Hey community,

I have the same issues downloading the .exe. This tiny exe wants to connect to the page i get it from.

On this page is a little box opened, with an loading circle that says, that i have to keep it open till the installation has started.

So i run the exe and it tells me the same thing, that rachel mentioned. "Communication error. ... "

I have Windows 7 64-bit, 4 GB RAM and a dual core 2.0 GHz... Should be enough, shouldnt it?

I did already turned off my firewall and antivirus and did not run any other programm, expect mozilla firefox during first try and IE during second.

I have to have this program for my pre-exam.

Greetz and thanks for your help, Eric

Message 9 of 10
nestly2
in reply to: shaKen122

Use the Virtual Agent to download with your browser instead of using the "Install Now" online installer

Download from Autotdesk Virtual Agent

Message 10 of 10
shaKen122
in reply to: nestly2

Thanks alot nestly2,

this solved my problems!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost