AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

phillip.nosworthy
Message 1 of 10 (2,341 Views)
Accepted Solution

CommandLine Disappeared - Read On.

2341 Views, 9 Replies
04-25-2012 04:21 AM

After just installing 2013, I decided to change the screen appearance and move the command line into its traditional area at the bottom - I over dragged and it disappeared off the screen.  I have tried CTRL+9 and using the Ribbon Commands and nothing seems to work.

I have looked at the Preferences and cannot find anything to indicate the commandline or how to customize with the exception of colour and text colour!!

Can anyone help with where it has gone and how do I get it back?

Cheers Phil

There is no < Unamed Profile > listed under Options > Profiles either?

Phil:

To keep yourself from accidentally dragging the command line, you can use the LOCKUI command.

I can't remember what all the options are off the top of my head, but the two I use are:
15 = lock all toolbars and floating palettes (including the command line)
0 = unlock all toolbars and floating palettes (including the command line)

I actually use a LISP routine to add a toggle for it, so I just hit LU whenever I want to toggle the lock settings:
(defun c:LU ()(setvar "lockui" (- 15 (getvar "lockui")))(princ))

Valued Contributor
mmelechinsky
Message 2 of 10 (2,333 Views)

Re: CommandLine Disappeared - Read On.

04-25-2012 05:17 AM in reply to: phillip.nosworthy

Have you tried changing your workspace?

phillip.nosworthy
Message 3 of 10 (2,329 Views)

04-25-2012 05:35 AM in reply to: phillip.nosworthy

Thanks for the reply mmelechinsky

I tried and only have "Architecture" to choose from - I had various offerings in the last version - 3D, Classic, 2D etc.  I must admit that on the previous version, I reverted back to the classic look, without ribbon or any of the great features using a personal profile from 2004 - simply because I was working on an existing project and didnt want any delays.

This time around, I am using the UK version without any profile or standard options and it it really bugging me!

Valued Contributor
mmelechinsky
Message 4 of 10 (2,327 Views)

04-25-2012 05:38 AM in reply to: phillip.nosworthy

There is no < Unamed Profile > listed under Options > Profiles either?

phillip.nosworthy
Message 5 of 10 (2,323 Views)

04-25-2012 05:43 AM in reply to: mmelechinsky

I changed to the standard Autocad Profile and my command line has come back - Hooray, thanks.

I will continue to use this profile and personalise over the next couple of days.

I will still be stumped though should t his one disappear completetly!  Fingers crossed I dont move it too far out of the way!!

Many thanks mmelechinsky

Now for a busy afternoon!

Cheers Phil
Valued Contributor
mmelechinsky
Message 6 of 10 (2,317 Views)

04-25-2012 06:34 AM in reply to: phillip.nosworthy

It was a total shot in the dark.

You might want to export the customized Profile (as an .ARG file) and keep it in a safe place just in case you need it in the future.

phillip.nosworthy
Message 7 of 10 (2,311 Views)

04-25-2012 06:43 AM in reply to: phillip.nosworthy

I have saved a profile (.ARG) and a new template of settings - This is going to be my first proper use of the Ribbon.

I noticed too that I have Workspace settings as before with a selection to choose from depending on the project.

I am also learning (slowly, never enough hours in the day) animation and scenes with Maya and thankfully the UI's look similar and function in a similar way, so hopefully my learning curve will be shorter than anticipated.

Many thank for your help mmelechinsky

Cheers Phil

Distinguished Mentor
nrz13
Message 8 of 10 (2,281 Views)

04-26-2012 05:54 AM in reply to: phillip.nosworthy

Phil:

To keep yourself from accidentally dragging the command line, you can use the LOCKUI command.

I can't remember what all the options are off the top of my head, but the two I use are:
15 = lock all toolbars and floating palettes (including the command line)
0 = unlock all toolbars and floating palettes (including the command line)

I actually use a LISP routine to add a toggle for it, so I just hit LU whenever I want to toggle the lock settings:
(defun c:LU ()(setvar "lockui" (- 15 (getvar "lockui")))(princ))

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
System specs: AutoCAD 2015 64-bit SP2, Windows 7 64-bit SP1, Intel Core i7-2600K, 16GB RAM, Crucial M4 SSD, AMD FirePro V4900, 2 Dell Monitors (2560x1600)
phillip.nosworthy
Message 9 of 10 (2,275 Views)

04-26-2012 06:31 AM in reply to: phillip.nosworthy

Many thanks nrz13 - Will bear this in mind when on CAD again...

The original issue has been resolved as far as I am concerned - More haste, less speed.

I basically started all over again and resoved the issue by accepting the standard layout of all the floating palettes and will keep them as they are.  I became so used to a certain way of working and not learning more about the new bits that came with each upgrade.....work came first over learning new things, but work has slowed down this week, giving me more time to learn and use the software in 'my' time and not work time.

Cheers Phil

Distinguished Mentor
nrz13
Message 10 of 10 (2,272 Views)

04-26-2012 06:35 AM in reply to: phillip.nosworthy

You're welcome!

Be sure to mark mmelechinsky's response as the answer so the thread shows as solved in the forums.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
System specs: AutoCAD 2015 64-bit SP2, Windows 7 64-bit SP1, Intel Core i7-2600K, 16GB RAM, Crucial M4 SSD, AMD FirePro V4900, 2 Dell Monitors (2560x1600)
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.