Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Command line/Layout tabs location

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
loggyboy
1455 Views, 4 Replies

Command line/Layout tabs location

Just upgraded from 2014 to 2015, one thing thats a little annoying is the location of the command line is now above the layout tabs. The tabs used to sit on the bottom edge of the drawing space, the status bar at the bottom and command line between. is there a way to move/adjust this?

I'm sure I'll get used to it, but would rather swap it if I can.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Shawn_Niles
in reply to: loggyboy

At this time, there is not a way to move the command line below the tabs in AutoCAD 2015. I have copied the feedback link below for you. If you'd like, you can make the suggestion there to see if that option can be included in a future service pack or release.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

Shawn Niles
Message 3 of 5
nestly2
in reply to: Shawn_Niles

I also do not like the Layout tabs under the command line.  The logical location is for Layout tabs to be "attached" to the botom (or top) of the Layouts.

Putting the Layout tabs and Status bar icons on the same line means there's less room for both. Moving the layout tabs above the Status bar improves the space for the tabs, but the Status bar icons remain "crammed" to the right side.  It would be better if the status bar icons for the "drafting tools" could be moved back to the left when not sharing space with the Layout tabs, as they were previously.  Also, when the Layout tabs are not on the same line as the status bar icons, there is plenty of room to display them as text, and that option should be restored, especially considering the lack of contrast with the new blue and charcoal icons.

I gave a similar response in "Feedback"

Message 4 of 5
Jason.Piercey
in reply to: nestly2

@nestly2 wrote:

I also do not like the Layout tabs under the command line.

I have no real problem with the previous location or the new location.  However, I do have a problem with the new location removing critical functionality.  You can no longer ctrl+click to copy a layout nor can you drag/drop layouts into the SSM.  The alternate methods for doing either of those tasks is far more time consuming now than it was with 2014.

Clearly, those who thought trading functionality for visual placement, do not have to actually use the product.  It's essentially just terrible design.  Removing the text labels, as mentioned, is an equally terrible design.

Message 5 of 5
nestly2
in reply to: loggyboy

Although I didn't mention it above, I did also complain about the loss of CTRL+ drag layouts via "feedback"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost