Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Standards

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
zippy216
137 Views, 2 Replies

Client Standards

Is it possible to set up an application (Workspace?) for different client standards?  Currently we use a pull down menu for our company standards but when we receive specific client standards we locate them in a client folder which requires everyone to search for those standards.  This always leads to at least one person using the wrong .DWT or attaching the incorrect border.  I must also mention that more than half of our employees are older and still try to use AutoCAD the way they learned it 20 -30 years ago.

It would be nice to be able to select a client from a pull down and have all of the file paths set up automatically, such as the .DWT location, client specific blocks, etc..

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
braudpat
in reply to: zippy216

Hello

Maybe a "stupid" idea :

Have you saved different Workspaces : Alpha , Bravo , Charlie , etc

And then have you copy/pasted N times your ACAD Shortcut and add at the end of each into the "Target" field :

/W Alpha

/W Bravo

/W Charlie

etc

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
zippy216
in reply to: zippy216

I have not. I know a little that I taught myself by copying and editing older files but am completely clueless when it comes to Workspaces.

Raymond G. Kohan
Civil/Structural Designer

[cid:image001.jpg@01CFD7CC.D5A738C0]

1000 Omega Drive, Ste. 1590
Pittsburgh, PA 15205
412.706.5953 (OFFICE) 412-489-6598 (FAX)

rkohan@csdengineers.com
www.csdengineers.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost