Did you mean: 

Chinese character displayed as questioned mark

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
797 Views, 6 Replies

Chinese character displayed as questioned mark

Hello, everyone, I'm now working with a Chinese company, when they send me their drawings, I found all the characters in the drawings are displayed in questioned mark, does anybody know how to fix this problem? I already change the system locale into Chineses, my windows system can display Chinese correctly now, but in Autocad it's still not working, I'm using Autocad 2013. Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
scot-65
in reply to: Anonymous

For the windows system to display the characters correctly tells me that the associated TTF are present. What about the SHX font, if any? Have the source company send you a publish package with all the necessary files including but not limited to SHX fonts and pen tables.

???

Scot-65
A gift of extraordinary Common Sense does not require an Acronym Suffix to be added to my given name.

Message 3 of 7
3wood

Can you upload part of the drawing including some text with display problem?

Message 4 of 7
BeKirra

You need to install a set of Chinese font (*.SHX).

It would be much easier if you ask them for a copy of Chinese font set which used by your drawing(s).

HTH

Please mark "Accept as Solution" and "Like" if my reply resolves the issue and it will help when others need helps.
= ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ =
A circle is the locus of a cursor, starting and ending at the same point on a plane in model space or in layout such that its distance from a given coordinates (X,Y) is always constant.
X² + Y² = C²
Message 5 of 7
ampster401

ask them to etransmit the dwg to you.  Inside Acad, go to File > eTransmit

That will pull everything the dwg depends on into one location/file and then they can send all of that to you.

While opening the file they send to you from within the same location you first save it to (along with all the dependant files) will work then, it might be best to save any font files they include in that package down into your supported Acad search paths for future reference (Options > Files tab > and browse here for any paths you may need to research).

And don't be shy with those font files, share them with anybody else at your location that may be working on those files as well.

HTH

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: ampster401

Thanks guys, I just got the shx files from them, it's a intecad.shx file, after I put this file in the fond file of AUTOCAD 2013, everything becomes correct, thank you so much~!

Message 7 of 7
scot-65
in reply to: ampster401

That was the word I could not remember: eTransmit.
Thanks.

Place SHX fonts in a unique folder and provide a support path to this folder. By placing the non-OOTB SHX fonts in the program's folder structure, one might forget they are in there and a (another) fishing expedition begins when upgrading or reinstalling...

Scot-65
A gift of extraordinary Common Sense does not require an Acronym Suffix to be added to my given name.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost