Distinguished Contributor
RafaelMoreno
Message 1 of 10 (2,723 Views)
Accepted Solution

Changing the size of my attribute text

2723 Views, 9 Replies
01-23-2013 11:09 AM

Hi:

I have a Block that represent a point and has an attribute in order to label the point that I am displaying. According to the scale I can change the size of the point itself but I am having problems changing the size of the Atribute in order to make the label readeble in the scale that I have in drawing. How is possible to chage the Text size of my attribute in the point block so I can read the labels easily?

If you have any questions please let me know

Thanks

Rafael

Edit the attribute size in the block editor first and then run attsync. If that's not working I'm not sure what the problem is. Maybe attach a small file.
Distinguished Mentor
steve216586
Message 2 of 10 (2,719 Views)

Re: Changing the size of my attribute text

01-23-2013 11:22 AM in reply to: RafaelMoreno

The Scale command doesn't work for the whole block?  If not, you will have to select it and right click to go to the attribute editor.  Then under the Text Options tab you can redifine the text size.  The text may have to be moved afterwards though.

RafaelMoreno
Message 3 of 10 (2,711 Views)

01-23-2013 11:56 AM in reply to: steve216586

Hi Steve:

Thanks for the replay. I could change the Scale property of the block but I have hundreds of points so I have the risk to make some of them invisible just in case I do not select them properly. I tried to change everything in the block editor: The point and the Attribute text. The point behieve properly, it changes the size without problem but the Attribute does not. I have tryied to attach the Atribute to a Text Style with the text size set up in zero in order to have this size available only in Text options of the Attibute property. It did ntot work either.

So what can I do now?

Thanks

Rafael

*Expert Elite*
dbroad
Message 4 of 10 (2,705 Views)

01-23-2013 12:09 PM in reply to: RafaelMoreno

If you are truly using points inside blocks, then scaling them won't work AFAIK.  Point display is controlled by ddptype.  It can be set to absolute in pixels or relative to the screen size.  Within a block the block scale serves only as a modifier to the main scaling behavior.  You can add a point on defpoints along with other graphics that identify it as a point.  That can be scaleable as either an annotative or non-annotative block.  

Attribute scaling within an annotative block is automatic.

*Expert Elite*
braudpat
Message 5 of 10 (2,675 Views)

01-24-2013 08:57 AM in reply to: dbroad

Hello

I never use Point inside Blocks because of the DDPTYPE which is GLOBAL !

I say to my "students" : no Point inside Blocks !

Bye, Patrice

Bye, Pat

clemay
Message 6 of 10 (2,668 Views)

01-24-2013 11:08 AM in reply to: RafaelMoreno

First off.....try this with a copy of the block so you don't lose anything.

And you can always undo to get back where you need to be (as long as you don't hit save).

Try the BURST command, then you should be able to edit properties as you normally would attributes.  BURST is more like a saft EXPLODE, commonly used it title blocks and other related attribute objects....Hope this helps, if not with this issue, then just for knowledge base and tip information to remember.

C3D 2014 SP2
DELL Precision T3600
Intel Xeon E5-1650 @ 3.20GHz
NVIDIA QUADRO 4000 Dual Monitor
32 GB RAM / Win7 Pro 64-bit
*Expert Elite*
mathewk
Message 7 of 10 (2,650 Views)

01-25-2013 09:59 AM in reply to: RafaelMoreno
You have to use the ATTSYNC command if you change an attribute within a block definition. The attributes edited within the block definition do not automatically update the block references.
Matt Kolberg
Cansel - Autodesk Division
http://www.cansel.ca/
RafaelMoreno
Message 8 of 10 (2,638 Views)

01-25-2013 01:01 PM in reply to: mathewk

Hi Math:

Thanks for replaying my question. It sounds good to me even that it looks that I am missing one step or something. I am trying to use the ATTSYNC command and it asks me for a block. I chose the block with the attribute that I want to modify the size but later, when I am going to change the size of the attribute, it does inside the Block editor but not in the Model Space even that it is the block that I run in the ATTSYNC command.

Do I have to set up the Attribute properties like the Text Style or Annonative in any way to make it effective?

Thanks in advance

Rafael

*Expert Elite*
mathewk
Message 9 of 10 (2,632 Views)

01-25-2013 01:41 PM in reply to: RafaelMoreno
Edit the attribute size in the block editor first and then run attsync. If that's not working I'm not sure what the problem is. Maybe attach a small file.
Matt Kolberg
Cansel - Autodesk Division
http://www.cansel.ca/
RafaelMoreno
Message 10 of 10 (2,598 Views)

01-29-2013 01:50 PM in reply to: mathewk

Hi Matt:

Sorry for the long replay, your solution was nice!

Cheers

Rafael

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.