Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing mechanical layer to architectural.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Infoseeker
1618 Views, 8 Replies

Changing mechanical layer to architectural.

I am using Autocad Mech, when I am creating new layer, by defaulf it is mechanical layer. How do I change it to architectural layer?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
pendean
in reply to: Infoseeker

arch layer?
Message 3 of 9
dmfrazier

Since this is a Mechanical-specific question, you might get more helpful responses here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Mechanical-General/bd-p/39

And here is a link to 2013 Help (which might help):

http://docs.autodesk.com/AMECH_PP/2013/ENU/filesACM/GUID-47A5B7C1-339D-4656-8FDC-AC8D8B73190F.htm

Here's another that might be more helpful:

http://docs.autodesk.com/AMECH_PP/2013/ENU/filesACM/GUID-BC6E1953-6745-42E8-9DC8-DD940F0E2043.htm

Message 4 of 9
Infoseeker
in reply to: dmfrazier

I need the top layer to change the icon so it looks like the bottom layers icon. In the simplest words. Lol.

Message 5 of 9
dmfrazier

Which command are you using to create the new layer?  Is it AMLAYER or LAYER (or something else)?

Message 6 of 9
Infoseeker

I do it from layers manager. Right click? New layer.
Message 7 of 9
dmfrazier

Yes, but it's important to know exactly which command is running when you do this.  Look at the command line (turn it on if necessary).

Message 8 of 9
JoAnn_Hogan
in reply to: dmfrazier

You can turn on your command line by simply typing the word "Command" <Enter>

Are you using the Mechanical profile or AutoCAD Vanillia? 

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Twitter: @JoAnn_Hogan
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional
Message 9 of 9
dmfrazier
in reply to: JoAnn_Hogan

"You can turn on your command line by simply typing the word "Command" <Enter>"

Hmmm.  When I do that (in 2013), I get "unknown command" (since "command" is actually not a valid native command in 2013).  Though, I suppose if you have Auto-complete/Auto Append (or whatever it's now called) turned on, then typing "command" might actually execute "commandline" (which is the correct native command).

(Editorial comment for a Friday morning: Isn't it wonderful that we have all this flex-ability to "personalize" our software so that it can look and behave differently for each user and make providing support that much more "exciting" and "challenging"?  Maybe this makes me sound like a "dinosaur", but I think there's a certain value in consistency and standardization.  But, life goes on, things must change, new copies must be sold, the new features are always better than the old ones, more profits must be made... Sorry.)

Oh, and by the way, the question about the profile is a good one, but it may be answered by the answer to the question about which "layer manager" command the OP is actually running.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost