Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Field Properties within Multiple Drawings

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Cre9engr
1431 Views, 6 Replies

Change Field Properties within Multiple Drawings

Someone may already asked this question, but I can't find it.  I'm looking for an easier way to change multiple fields set to a sheet set manager.  I have several drawings and layouts created as part of a Phase 2. These drawings were included into a Phase 2 sheet set manager.  However, copied the drawings another folder, and created a new sheet set manager called Phase 3. There are multiple fields, mostly in the title blocks but also used in text objects and callouts. Is there someway to update the fields in the copied files to the new Phase 3 .dst file without having to open every single file and manually reset the field?  

Fred
-Civil 3D 2016 sp2
-Windows 7 64-bit
-Intel Xeon with 3.5 GHz
-16 GB of RAM
-Nvidia Quadro K2200
-Civil 3D user since 2007
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: Cre9engr

FIELD looks at an entry and reports the result: you need to change the entry being watched by the field.
So what were the FIELD parameters originally? Where is the Phase 2 entry being pulled from?
Message 3 of 7
Cre9engr

The Phase 2 entry is being pulled from a Sheet Set Manager called XXXXXX-Phase2.dst. I want to pull the field from another Sheet Set Manager called XXXXXX-Phase3.dst where the "XXXXXX" is the same between the two Sheet Set Managers. Both dst files are located in the same directory on the network.

The only way I know how to make the change is to manually edit each field in the drawing, and I'm wondering if there is another way.

Frederick S. Wegert, PE

NORTHERN ENGINEERING
301 N. Howes Street, Suite 100 | Fort Collins, Colorado 80521
O: 970.221.4158 | 😧 970.568.5408 |F: 970.221.4159
fred@northernengineering.com| www.northernengineering.com
Linked In: http://www.linkedin.com/in/wegert
Fred
-Civil 3D 2016 sp2
-Windows 7 64-bit
-Intel Xeon with 3.5 GHz
-16 GB of RAM
-Nvidia Quadro K2200
Message 4 of 7
pkolarik

Were/are the fields in those drawings (the ones you want to change to XXXXX-phase3) set to "currentsheetset<something>"? Or were they set to "currentsheet<something>"?

Message 5 of 7
cadwomen
in reply to: pkolarik

Hy

nop ADSk don´t want that you open the *dst file to edit ( also there is no way from ADSK that already exist Attributs update the SSM )

so mayby you talk better to

http://www.jtbworld.com/SSMPropEditor.htm

cu cw

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
Message 6 of 7
Cre9engr
in reply to: pkolarik

Both.  The attribute data within the titleblock, callouts, and notes were originally setup as fields pointing to the Phase 2 Sheet Set Manager.  The data that's project specific draw from the <currentsheetset> and the fields that are sheet specific draw from the <currentsheet> data.  Right now, all the sheets within the project were part of Phase 2, but the client has decided to divide Phase 2 into multiple phases.  I'm copying the original Phase 2 drawings and renaming everything to the new appropriate phase...i.e. Phase 3, Phase 4, Phase 5, etc.  A large chunk of my time is spent reassociating the fields to the new Sheet Set Manager for that phase, and I was wondering if there was another way.  From what I'm hearing on the newsgroup, there's not an easy way within Autocad.  In order to do what I want to do, I would need to resort to lisp, scripting, or some 3rd party software.

Fred
-Civil 3D 2016 sp2
-Windows 7 64-bit
-Intel Xeon with 3.5 GHz
-16 GB of RAM
-Nvidia Quadro K2200
Message 7 of 7
cadwomen

Cre9engr schrieb:

.. I would need to resort to lisp, scripting, or some 3rd party software.

Jep ADSK like´s his customer ( irony )

cu cw

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost