Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Contours from metric to imperial

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
stamasc
306 Views, 2 Replies

Change Contours from metric to imperial

Hi guys, this may not be possible, but some may know if its possible. I was given an autocad file from an architect in Venzuella and I am using autocad 2014, and the whole drawing is in metric, all the countours are 1 meter apart in height difference. The problem I am having is that in my class, we are required to make a model at 1/16" = 1'-0" the only problem is it doesnt convert right, and I am left with extra contours and an inaccurate model. Is there a way to have autocad make new contours at 1' height difference instead of the meter? I remember I saw someone bring an autocad file into rhino and had rhino make a terrain with the countours than she had rhino produce new contours at like 2' intervals, unfortonatly I don't know how to do that in Rhino, and didn't know if it was possible for autocad to do something, please any help would appreciated, thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
kasperwuyts
in reply to: stamasc

What kind of contours? Are you talking about Civil 3d or just 2d linework in standard Autocad?

Best regards
Kasper Wuyts
in reply to: kasperwuyts

Its in 2D autocad, from the plan view it appears to be flat, but when looking at a side view it actually appears to have height assigned to them. I will attach the file so anyone can take a look and see.

plan.jpg

Side view.PNG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost