Did you mean: 

Change acad.pgp file location config.

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
agines19
11151 Views, 14 Replies

Change acad.pgp file location config.

I just transfered over to a new company and have my acad.pgp file.  I come to find out that they load theirs from a server location which I am unable to alter.  I have recieved permission to map my file, although I can't find where the configuration settings are to map it.  I tried looking for the address in the 'options' area, but couldn't find it (tried 3 times).  ANyone know where I can quickly change the location AutoCAD is looking for this file?

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
Patchy
in reply to: agines19

Type in:

(findfile "acad.pgp")

and hit Enter, it will tell you where it is.

Since you can't delete company's .pgp it, put your own .pgp somewhere and add a new seach path to it.

If it loads your .PGP after the company's .pgp, yours will be used.

Message 3 of 15
hgasty1001
in reply to: Patchy

Hi,

You need to ensure that Autocad load your pgp, to do so, you need to put the pgp file in a folder that can be found *before* Autocad find other pgp file. So copy your pgp to some folder, and add that folder to the support file path (command "options"->files tab->Support File Search Path), and move that entry to be listed *before* the current location of the pgp, as Patchy said, you can find the current location using (findfile "acad.pgp"). Now you need to "reinit" for Autocad to load the new pgp. The next time Autocad start, will find and load your pgp, no matter if other pgp files are in the support path.

Gaston Nunez

Message 4 of 15
agines19
in reply to: hgasty1001

That was very helpful!~   THank you!!

Message 5 of 15
rkmcswain
in reply to: Patchy

Patchy wrote:

If it loads your .PGP after the company's .pgp, yours will be used.

That is not true. Only one PGP file is loaded, and that is the first one it finds.
R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 6 of 15
agines19
in reply to: rkmcswain

Yes, I had to change the order that the files were loaded.  Thanks for highlighting that 😄  Very helpful indeed!

Message 7 of 15
xiaoxiao9299
in reply to: hgasty1001

Hi,

I follow your step to copy a path to my support path,and reinit and restart my Autocad also, but it doesnt work. It still cant use my own PGP. file commends. Any help on this ? 

thanks alot 

Message 8 of 15
cadffm
in reply to: xiaoxiao9299

ACAD

As you can read above: Make sure your pgp is the first pgp acad will find.

For test: copy your pgp to a new local folder and add this path on top as 'searchpath for supportpathes" in Options/Files/

Restart Acad, it is the easy way without a way of mistakes.

Command: (findfile "acad.pgp")

Is it yours? Is it working?

ACAD.pgp

Make sure your Aliasname is only one  time used in this pgp, or as the last of multiple times (not everyone know about these things good enough, the original is also not written well)

- Sebastian -
Message 9 of 15
xiaoxiao9299
in reply to: cadffm

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I did follow the above mentioned steps, but as attached picture, the Auto cad still only can find the default file instead of the file I add on the top.

Any help? btw, i am using company pc, there are many restriction @ limitation access to do edit. is it any affect?

Thanks 🙂

Message 10 of 15
cadffm

Command: (alert(princ(apply 'strcat (mapcar'(lambda(s)(strcat"\n" s))(vl-directory-files "C:\\Users\\jingyao\\Desktop\\pgp" "*.pgp")))))

What message appears?

- Sebastian -
Message 11 of 15
rkmcswain

@xiaoxiao9299 - did you create/edit your .PGP file in Notepad? Do you have file extensions turned on in Windows? Perhaps *your* acad.pgp file is actually named "acad.pgp.txt".

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 12 of 15
xiaoxiao9299
in reply to: cadffm

Hi, it shown empty msg as I attached. 

Message 13 of 15
xiaoxiao9299
in reply to: rkmcswain

Thanks for reply me.

ya i did check my file format is txt as attached , so how to credit it as pgp. file ? and how to turn on in windows for my file extension ?

Message 14 of 15
cadffm

Message 15 of 15
rsocampo1827

on your options/support file search path, select you created location then select move up option. after that you can do (findfile "acad.pgp")

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost