Did you mean: 

Cant join polylines on same plane. No Gaps

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
trimbla
396 Views, 2 Replies

Cant join polylines on same plane. No Gaps

Ive got a serious stumper. I have a file from an engineer, Likely a Microstation conversion, that is giving me trouble. Im cleaning it up for an export to sketchup, and I cant get the polylines to join up and make closed objects. I have run an overkill command and a flatten command to make sure everything is as it appears. I can also draft new polylines from end segment to end segment with no luck. An intense close up zoom in doesnt reveal any gaps, and I have moved one endpoint and then moved it back on top of the other end via snaps with no luck. 

Im attaching the file so you can take a look, its driving me crazy.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
nestly2
in reply to: trimbla

Polylines are UCS specific, and the polylines have a negative Z extrusion direction (LIST command) so they were either created in "Bottom" Orthographic view, or they were rotated/mirrored so they are effectively "upside-down"    Polylines that don't share a common extrusion direction can not be joined.  You can accomplish this by using UCS>Object, then re-creating the 2 unit long PLine, or draw a line (not Polyline) between the ends of the polylines and then FILLET them one-at-a-time with a zero radius fillet.

Message 3 of 3
trimbla
in reply to: trimbla

Excellent! It was definitely quicker to just redraft this file as it was rather small, but I will be sure to pass the info along.

Files with elevations always seem to get crazy. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost