Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cant install the program

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
margaux.phillips1
155 Views, 1 Reply

cant install the program

Ive been trying to install Autocad (student version, 3 years free) on my new asus. Its an i7 so its powerful enough.

the message i always get is the following

Communication failure
Download and installation has been interrupted by a lost connection between the Autodesk website and this computer. The most likely causes are:

–The installation package was moved from the install location which is not supported
I don't know what that means

– the Autodesk download website was closed or manually refreshed before the installer launched
I tried this various times throughout the day, and did not manually refresh before the installer launched

– A firewall has blocked the network ports

tryied to block my antivirus while i was downloading cad.

Finally I got to te point where it was installing today ( after 10 times i had to dowload the " dowloader"), and when it got to 100%, a message appeared on the screen, saying that it failed to dowload and had to rebot the computer, then start again. 

When I did that, it started all over again. same first message.

what am i supposed to do?

Has anyone had this problem before? 

thanks

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
pendean
in reply to: margaux.phillips1

If you are just looking for a product download you should be able to find it at the Autodesk Customer Service Virtual Agent:
•In the preferences or options area of your preferred browser, remove pop-up blockers and allow access to all *autodesk.com sites.
•In the preferences or options area of your preferred browser, delete cookies, temporary internet files, and history.
1. Turn off your personal firewall or VPN, if you use one.
2. Disable UAC
3. Close and reopen your preferred browser.
4. Go to http://autodesk.creativevirtual15.com/autodesk/bot.html?isJSEnabled=1&businessArea=Root.Front%20Desk...
5. Select the choice "Download Links".
6. Select your product, then variant, then version as applicable.
7. You should now be presented with the choice to download your software.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost