AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

cam01096
Message 1 of 2 (124 Views)

Cannot specify points on or near arcs with object snap on

124 Views, 1 Replies
12-10-2012 10:30 AM

Using AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013, now installing Service Pack 1 (kept crashing, this time it's working though), and I'm trying to find the area of a pathway that I've drawn in 2D with standard lines. Using the area tool, I want to find the area of the path, but it arcs around a 180 degree corner. I tried getting a rough estimate of the area by clicking at several points along each of the arcs, but after clicking a point where the arc joins the straight line of the straight section of the path, it literally won't let me click the next point. I can, however, specify the next point as long as it's nowher near the arc. Same goes for the polyline tool. I presume this is another bug...

Just got an error code for the Service Pack installation, too. "A problem prevented the service pack from being installed, contact your administrator. Error code: 1603"

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 2 (99 Views)

Re: Cannot specify points on or near arcs with object snap on

12-10-2012 11:38 PM in reply to: cam01096

Hi,

for two different questions please create two threads, all of us know then where to answer what question :smileywink:

To your first prob: I would use command _BOUNDARY (>>>details<<<) and let create a polyline for that area, select the polyline and in the property-window I see then the area-value. This is a lot easier than click, click, click, ...

To your secend one: before starting the SP-installation be sure you are admin, UAC is turnced off (in case of Win7) and antivirus (and other defending software) is disabled.

Good luck, - alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.