ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Cannot remove a vertex???

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
KRKoz
5321 Views, 5 Replies

Cannot remove a vertex???

I was editing a series of the same types and shapes of lines, joining polylines and removing verticies, but this one is different and won't let me remove it? The only differences is the length of the main line which worked fine on the shorter one before and the longer one after this. Any ideas?

CANNOT REMOVE VERTEX.JPG

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jggerth1
in reply to: KRKoz

When i've had this happen, it's been due to duplicate vertices at the same coordinate.  Workaround has been to BReak the pline around the bad spot, CLose it, and then delete the two vertices around the new segment.  Or draw a new segment between the ends of the break, Join it to the original Pline, and delete the two vertices created.

Message 3 of 6
KRKoz
in reply to: jggerth1

ok, that worked, thank you!

Message 4 of 6
KRKoz

I discovered my true problem! ROUNDING! The original designer of this drawing did some "rounding" I did not account for and I edited one spot and then arrayed my trim boundries, therefore putting them out of the expected spot and when I joined my pline it wasn't actually joined creating as JGerth said two verticies "on top of each other". Thank you again!

Message 5 of 6
ganthony97E6X
in reply to: jggerth1

This solution worked for me.    Thank you.  I wish that I didn't have to use so many workarounds or Lisps.  It seems I'm searching Autodesk for answers on a daily basis.

Message 6 of 6
WMCCONNELLYJZCL

Another solution I've seen mentioned here is to use Pedit, Edit vertex.  You then use Next and Previous to locate the vertex, then Move to relocate one of the vertices.  How far you zoom in affects how many vertices can be selected, so it pays to zoom in on the problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

ā€Boost