Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot install 2015 ?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
335-33329912
455 Views, 7 Replies

Cannot install 2015 ?

I need to install 2015 on one of our workstations here.

When I put the Autodesk disc in the CD drive and the Autorun starts, I choose the run Setup.exe option, I get this runtime error.

Runtime Error.jpg

I am using Win 7 Pro SP1 64 Bit and yes I am using the 64bit install. All Latest Windows updates have been installed.

What do I do ?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
nestly2
in reply to: 335-33329912

Seems you have missing/corrupt files in your Registry and need to run a repair tool.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Runtime-error-R6034-AutoCAD-2014/m-p/4945446#M8...

and

How to fix (Error 6034) ?

Message 3 of 8
335-33329912
in reply to: nestly2

What I have noticed is that this is specific to all AutoCAD installs. My 2014 and 2013 discs do exaclty the same, however any other software installations are not affected It is only the Autodesk installs.

I am very wary of using those freeware / Scan / Fixall programs. Can you confirm the one in our link is legit ?

On the installation discs there is a folder called 3rd Party with a bunch of fodlers for .NET / VCC Redistributable installs? Do I need to run anything from there ?

Message 4 of 8
nestly2

I don't believe I ever had this error myself, I was only providing some reference material.  I just tried to find a repair tool from Microsoft.  While I didn't find one, I did see that Runtime errors can also be caused by conflicts between two programs, so if you haven't done so already, perhaps try closing and disabling all unnecessary programs/processes before running the AutoCAD installer  (ie backup software/antivirus/software firewalls etc)

Message 5 of 8
335-33329912
in reply to: nestly2

The information I have googled and found on MS sites is that this error relates to a faulty iTunes update. This would make sense if I had iTunes installed.

Other reasons that are given is that this is due to a corrupt registry or programs that conflict with one another or due to a virus. There does not really seem to be a solution. I did download one of the provided links to RegCurePro. This utility finds about a brazillion problems and when you say fix, it asks you for CC details to purchase the software. No thanks Jeff.

What is weird is that it only affects Autodesk installs.

Does anyone know if there is a way to repair windows without reinstalling it ? I really do not want to reconfigure office/email and all the other softwares.

Message 6 of 8
pendean

What is different about this PC from all the others?
Message 7 of 8
335-33329912
in reply to: pendean

Absolutely nothing significant.

I believe it is missing a file or somewhere has an incorrect dll version or similar.

When I run setup.exe how can I determine what windows files are being called up in the background ?

Message 8 of 8
wtheron

I solved this issue once before, by doing a windows repair. It took a good 4 hours, however all my applications and data remained intact. See Below for instructions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RC_5eb9wTfk

After the repair though there was about 2gig worth of Windows updates to complete...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost