Did you mean: 

Cannot hatch solid in Autocad 2014

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
johnw
1460 Views, 4 Replies

Cannot hatch solid in Autocad 2014

My acad.pat file has a "solid" hatch pattern listed. however I cannot see the "solid" pattern listed and I cannot hatch solid inside a drawing in regular autocad 2014. It shows up inside Architecture 2014 and hatches solid.

Does anyone know how to get the "Solid" hatch pattern to work in Regular AutoCAD 2014?

Your help is much appreciated!

John W.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: johnw

Hi,

>> My acad.pat file has a "solid" hatch pattern listed. however I cannot see the "solid" pattern listed

Listed where? In the hatch dialog, in the ribbon, in the toolpalette, ...?

When you create a hatch (whatever pattern), select that hatch then ==> right click and start "hatch edit" from the context menu, do you see "SOLID" as the topmost element (scroll upwards) in the list of patterns for type = "predefined" (like shown in my screenshot) or not?

2014-07-31 23-27-51.png

Just as additional info: on your system might be multiple files named acad.pat and also acadiso.pat, so verify that you are looking to the file that AutoCAD really uses in your current session!

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 5
johnw
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi Alfred, thanks for answering my post. Your comments made me look at support path and I noticed MY .pat file path was lower down on the support search. Once I moved it up all works now! Thanks.
Message 4 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: johnw

Hi,

you're welcome, good to know it works now for you and thank you for your feedback!

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 5
kcook
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

why so difficult? wasting time reinventing the wheel. everyone uses a solid fill pattern. why take it away? senseless

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost