Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can use Object Snap, there is an error saying "Unknow command" for each option.

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
michal.m
638 Views, 3 Replies

Can use Object Snap, there is an error saying "Unknow command" for each option.

Welcome,

I'm new to AutoCAD so please pardon my knowledge about this enviroment. I'm using AutoCAD 2015 student version which I've installed a few days back. I was following some online tutorial without any problems until now when I was supposed to shift + right click into options like endpoint, midpoint snapping - whenever I do so I see info above command line saying for example "Command: _endp Unknown command "ENDP".  Press F1 for help." I have snapping and snapping tracking turned on in setting of course. Any idea why am I experiencing this issue or how can I fix it? I would be really grateful for any help. Smiley Wink

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: michal.m

You have to have a command active in order for you to be able to set osnaps with that method.
Start a command first... .
Message 3 of 4
nestly2
in reply to: michal.m

Welcome to the Autodesk Forums. 

OSnaps only work when AutoCAD expects the user to specify a point. (point acquistion mode)  To test, start the Line command first, then Shift-Right-Click.

OSnaps point acquistion mode.gif

Message 4 of 4
michal.m
in reply to: nestly2

Thank you very much. It required just that indeed. I wish there was info in the program saying something similar to "Specify command - like line" instead of "Unknown command" that would save time for some noobs like me. Thanks again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost