Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't reassign F1 key to Cancel - It is set to F1 but still calls help!

22 REPLIES 22
SOLVED
Message 1 of 23
alexz
3454 Views, 22 Replies

Can't reassign F1 key to Cancel - It is set to F1 but still calls help!

Hello there.

I changed the F1 key command to open "cancel" but it still opens "HELP"! Smiley Frustrated I attached a picture and as you can see, it says that the key for CANCEL is F1 - I did this configuration 1000 times already (though on AutoCad with NETWORK license) and it every time worked but not today after a fresh install of Autocad Architecture 2015 (Standalone License)!

I hope you can help me, wasted already 2 hours using google, my boss is not happy at all 😕

22 REPLIES 22
Message 21 of 23
alexz
in reply to: nestly2

Oh yes, it works now. Thank you very much nestly2 for helping me! Awesome

Message 22 of 23
Anonymous
in reply to: jggerth

because most users never need the autocad HELP function, but most users definitely accidentally hit the F1 key trying to hit escape, thus launching HELP which is a time waster.  DUH!

I'm having no luck reassigning the F1 key in 2016, though it was a simple task in 2012 version.  Why on earth indeed.

Message 23 of 23
18hammers
in reply to: alexz

BY THE WAY - If F1 opens the help pane and halts your production, try this because it worked for me. F1 help pain is a WINDOWSfunction that can be disabled by deleting the help pain file helppane.exe - This should allow you to program the F1 key for anything in AutoCAD that you choose without having the help pane pop up any longer. The drawback is occasionally when there's an update, the help pain is reinstalled and you have to go through the process again, which isn't very difficult. As long as you don't need Windows help this is a perfect solution. Whenever I need help in Windows I just go to Google or YouTube Which is far more efficient.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost