Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't "inherit hatch properties"....

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
e.myers
2340 Views, 6 Replies

Can't "inherit hatch properties"....

Why can't I inherit properties of a hatch pattern that I've imported from another drawing?

Hatch appears correctly in the drawing/ I can copy and paste it correctly/ I can trim it/ I can change the scale of it/ But....

If I create another hatch of a diffetent type, then try to match the properties of hatch I'm trying to "copy", the type shows up as one of the default type hatches (diagonal lines.... don't remember pattern name).

Any ideas? I'd really like to be able to use this hatch pattern.

Could it be I'm running LT and this is some sort of 3D hatch pattern?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: e.myers

Can you post the offending DWG file for all of us to review?
Message 3 of 7
e.myers
in reply to: pendean

Try this....

Message 4 of 7
e.myers

tq1918-

Not sure if you pm'd me or not but for whatever reason, your post isn't showing up here....

Properties Palette indicates hatch name of the pattern, but in the load dropdown the name is not available to load.

Interesting that for as long as I've been doing this, I've never tried to access hatch patterns from the properties dialog. I use the properties dialog ALL the time, but because there is no ... by the hatch pattern, I just never tried selecting from there..... kind of like with annotative text etc that are hidden in the box.

Autodesk really needs to give some sort of indication as to selectable areas that have drop down menus within the properties palette (IMHO).

Message 5 of 7
ToanDN

The .pat files for those pattern don't exist in your AutoCAD. If someone sent you the drawing you can ask for them. If not, you can copy the existing patterns to a new location and modify the boundary to get what you want. But you cannot inherit or match them to a new hatch.
Message 6 of 7
pendean

The two hatch patterns in the file are called CUTSTONE and 3TAB.

If you start a new file, start HATCH command, do you have access to those two hatch patterns? If not, you need to get them from the source of the DWG files.

There are also 3rd party tools that can extract a hatch you don't have ansd try to recreate a PAT file: start Google and explore.

Message 7 of 7
tq1918

My first message was not on par with your skill level after I noted your “Registered: ‎09-03-2009” I deleted it.  

I looked for an hour or so to figure out how to “reverse engineer” a .pat file. I found no solution that I trusted enough to download. Perhaps these special .pat files were made in Revit or some 3rd party program. I came to the same conclusion as pendean. You may have to create them from scratch.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost