Did you mean: 

Can't add rows to table

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
tmccar
28309 Views, 7 Replies

Can't add rows to table

I want to add rows to the first column of a table, but I seem to be limited to 86. When I check the properties of the table, rows are set to 86 but it's not editable.

If I add new rows, they start in a new column. Where can I change this?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
hwalker
in reply to: tmccar

Rows cannot just be added to the first column. They need to be added to the whole table.

There are at least two ways to do it.

1. Click in the very last cell of your table and press tab. A new row will appear.

2. Click in any cell in the last row, so you get the orange outline around the cell.

The table (mtext style, so to speak) menu which appears has two groups to the left to do with rows and columns.

The first set is

"Insert Row Above"

"Insert Row Below"

"Delete Rows"

The second set is

"Insert Column to the Left"

"Insert Column to the Right"

"Delete Columns"

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 8
tmccar
in reply to: hwalker

I have already added some rows using method 2, but after row 80 it goes to a new column. I want the row to be added to column 1

Message 4 of 8
hwalker

As i said a row cannot be added to a single column. It must be added to the table.

Can you post the drawing here so we can have a look at it?

Howard Walker
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 5 of 8
tmccar

Drawing is attached

Message 6 of 8
M_Hensley

Highlight the table and in the properties palette under Table Breaks change enabled from yes to no.

Message 7 of 8
hwalker

Ok I've just had a look at the drawing, and I see what you are talking about and I've also seen the solution.

The problem is you have table breaks set to on (I have never actually seen this before now).

What it does is when you have a really long table you can tell Autocad to break the table into one or more tables (they will still be connected though)

To get rid of this problem. Select the table, and then open the properties for that table.

The bottom section which might need to be expanded is called table breaks. There is a bit in there called break height, which means you can change the heights of the tables BUT that is not the setting you need.

At the top of that section immediately under TABLE BREAKS is a variable called ENABLED. Change it to NO.

Howard Walker

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 8 of 8
tmccar

That's it, thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost