AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

erhe0039
Message 1 of 4 (2,811 Views)

Can't access page setup edit in autocad 2013

2811 Views, 3 Replies
08-08-2012 02:42 AM

Hey,

Is there anybody who knows what to do with this problem:

Some days ago when I was working in autocad (2013) I suddenly lost access to many of the editing options when printing. I can't change the color of the layers in model space. And when I go to layout space I can't access "Edit page setup" or "Print Layout", and when I try autocad looks itself and I have to use "force quit". 

I don't know if it is a bug or if I accidently pressed something wrong. Somebody?

/erika

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 4 (2,782 Views)

Re: Can't access page setup edit in autocad 2013

08-10-2012 12:09 AM in reply to: erhe0039

Hi,

is it possible that your printer/plotter or the driver where removed or replaced by a new one?

What happens if you start the command _PAGESETUP?

Describe the steps you can do (and with screenshots what you see) as detailed as possible so we are able to imagine what happens exactly. Just as sample what gives me some questionmarks when I read your post:

>> I can't change the color of the layers in model space

Has nothing to do with the page-setup (from the thread title) as you can't modify colors of layers there.

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
erhe0039
Message 3 of 4 (2,778 Views)

08-10-2012 03:14 AM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Hey, 

when I type _PAGESETUP, I get the information you see in the scrren shot below, it seem to have to do with the plotter, but I don't know what to do. (I only save the drawings as pdf, never plot from it). 

But, after the information came up I pressed settings and then edit, and then it happened again the computer looked itself, and I had to use force quit to end the program....

Yes maybe I wrote a bad title, I just thought that the two "wrongs" might be linked to each other and it would help to have that info to understan what can be wrong.

Thank you so much for helping, I also want to add that Im using the educational version of autocad if that makes any difference.

What should I do now?

/erikaScreen Shot 2012-08-10 at 12.06.45 PM.png

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 4 of 4 (2,776 Views)

08-10-2012 03:24 AM in reply to: erhe0039

Hi,

>> I also want to add that Im using the educational version

More important would be: you are using a MAC version of AutoCAD. For questions to AutoCAD running on MAC there is a separate forum >>>here<<<. Look first into this group, maybe there is also a similar thread or answer waitung for you. :smileywink:

If nothing could be found you can wait until others come up with suggestions or an admin moves your post to the MAC-forum or you post a new thread in the MAC-forum (with reference to this thread here) to get more answers.

Sorry that I can't give you any tip as the MAC-UI is really unknown to me.

Good luck anyway, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.